Halloween Challenge - Spooky Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

HalloweenChallenge.png

I love Halloween.  It takes all my self control not to go crazy and buy all kinds of Halloween stuff.  I'm not much into the gory, but I like the fun, spooky stuff.  It's no surprise, this month's challenge is "Halloween."  Post your Halloween themed finished project, or a pattern you designed here.  The theme is open to interpretation.  You can post something spooky, harvest, or fall related project.  When you post it, say a little something about it.  Maybe a little story related to the project, what inspiration you took, materials or techniques used.  It doesn't have to be elaborate.  But it's nice to read a little about a project and seeing the picture or pattern.

For a little inspiration, here's the opening song "This is Halloween" from Nightmare Before Christmas.

• Travis pinned this topic
On 10/5/2018 at 7:59 PM, heppnerguy said:

my Wife had this figured out for me.  I love these challenges, even though they are only for fun and no judging is going on. I missed the back to school challenge and I knew I just had to get on the Halloween Challenge. I told me wife that I wanted to try and post the spookiest Halloween Challenge item of all. When I told her about it, she said," if you want to post the spookiest piece, that should be an easy one for you.  All you have to do is make a self portrait and cut it." 

Right away I knew she was correct and so that is just what I did. Hence, here is my entry for the Halloween Challenge.

Dick

heppnerguy

spook.PNG

Great pattern!

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, Charlie E said:

IMG_5311.thumb.JPG.f776b35e2f71aa5a58a89e1f91927a53.JPGjIMG_5242.thumb.JPG.447ee17a8a2baa81f82bd3cebcefe4ab.JPG1063464734_hal4.thumb.jpg.8c463ea1a8c79dd1f8a27cf80c2b4a0a.jpg@I'm not entering this as part of the Challenge but it seemed an appropriate place to share it. My grandson is a huge Halloween fan. He did some chores for his parents and me so he could buy a $10 skeleton, he pronounces it skellington. 😁 I've been setting it up in his front yard doing something different each day while he is at kindergarten. I'm going to try to continue till the 31st. I did use my scroll saw on the skeleton fish you'll see in one picture! 😁

hal 1.jpg

hal 2.jpg

hal 3.jpg

hal 4.jpg

hal 5.jpg

hal 6.jpg

hal 7.jpg

hal 8.jpg

hal 9.jpg

Very clever. I love your great imagination and the all the wonderful displays. You are really talented and have a wonderful mind for coming up with creative displays. 

Dick

heppnerguy

40 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

Very clever. I love your great imagination and the all the wonderful displays. You are really talented and have a wonderful mind for coming up with creative displays. 

Dick

heppnerguy

Well thank you very much! I think I'm enjoying it as much as my grandson. There's 9 more school days till Halloween so wish me luck. 😉

14 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

New for 2018 - Happy Halloween pattern is from Steve Good.  The Pumpkin pattern is from Kathy Wise.  Forgive me for my "Intarsia sins" as I dyed the pumpkin and stained the cat.

I think for this piece, staining is probably the wisest and most efficient way to come up with the results you would want for it. Excellent job on the cat and pumpkin. I do not see how it could possibly be done differently or better then this one is.

You Steve Good piece is also done to your usual results of perfection. Very nicely done too. I just proves to me that finishing of a project makes it become mediocre or great

Dick

heppnerguy

IMG_7384.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

On 10/17/2018 at 7:06 AM, Charlie E said:

IMG_5311.thumb.JPG.f776b35e2f71aa5a58a89e1f91927a53.JPGjIMG_5242.thumb.JPG.447ee17a8a2baa81f82bd3cebcefe4ab.JPG1063464734_hal4.thumb.jpg.8c463ea1a8c79dd1f8a27cf80c2b4a0a.jpg@I'm not entering this as part of the Challenge but it seemed an appropriate place to share it. My grandson is a huge Halloween fan. He did some chores for his parents and me so he could buy a $10 skeleton, he pronounces it skellington. 😁 I've been setting it up in his front yard doing something different each day while he is at kindergarten. I'm going to try to continue till the 31st. I did use my scroll saw on the skeleton fish you'll see in one picture! 😁

hal 1.jpg

hal 2.jpg

hal 3.jpg

hal 4.jpg

hal 5.jpg

hal 6.jpg

hal 7.jpg

hal 8.jpg

hal 9.jpg

Oh I love it.  Best I have ever seen.

Marg

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, Charlie E said:

Well thank you very much! I think I'm enjoying it as much as my grandson.

I think your grandson will have wonderful memories of a brilliant grandfather to carry with him for the rest of his life. A great gift xx

3 hours ago, MrsN said:

Black lace pumpkin candle holder.

The pattern is an enlarged filigree pumpkin from Keith Fenton (of Shelia Landry Designs)

20181024_204910.jpg

nice piece, Katie, and the finish makes it look like a cast metal item. How did you do the finish on it? Just curious.  Your work is always really unique and interesting

Dick

heppnerguy