Scroll Saw Challenge - Boxes, Bowls, & Trays

Travis

Just a note about that spectraply wood yes it does come in sheets and you can custom order as well. They run sales many times during the year. It is nice stuff to work with. I had shown these baskets before but they do not fit in this category because a scroll saw was not used. I cut these up using a tablesaw all the way. But this sheet is called bummblebee. The difference between the two baskets is the order which the layers were glued. One is just the opposite the other. 

Copy of IMGP0147.JPG

On 3/27/2019 at 12:37 PM, Scrappile said:

Oh, I might as well... made the Five Dragon box to put old nuts and bolts in, the Dutch box is where I throw my used and broken scroll saw blades.  Then  I made two Hamsa boxes to put ear wax in which is what I use make it easier to get screws screwed in.

dragonbox combined.jpg

hamsa cocobolo-done combined.jpg

dutch box 6.jpg

Hamas Box 640.jpg

Nice work Paul. But I'm not surprised at all.

• 4 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, Jim Finn said:

This is one of my boxes with inlay. Cedar box with inlays of walnut, bois d' arc, Bubinga, maple and basswood.2112562923_MickeyandMinnie2.thumb.jpg.85e9f73394e87fbe0a57ec2e63551b63.jpg407426204_MickeyandMiniebox.thumb.jpg.a35be528604043321268999aea517afd.jpg

Jim, it is truly magnificent mate..
I don't know a kid in the world (or an adult for that matter) who wouldn't be over the moon to have one of those.

Edited by John B

On 11/7/2019 at 10:23 AM, tgiro said:

OK -- Using up some strips of Yellow Heart and Purple Heart -- scroll saw to cut the rings and lathe to shape them.

py-bowl-1.jpg

py-bowl-2.jpg

py-bowl-3.jpg

py-bowl-4.jpg

py-bowl-5.jpg

py-bowl-a.jpg

py-bowl-b.jpg

py-bowl-c.jpg

I would,never try that on my lathe. I'm not brave enough. I would always be afraid it would blow up in my face. You are not only brave but extremely talented also!

• 10 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 7:54 PM, octoolguy said:

I know, some of you folks have seen these before and are probably tired of me posting them but for the folks who may not have seen them, these are 3 of my baskets that I am now making for folks. I enlarged the pattern and will be turning out some bigger ones soon.

20181216_124414.jpg

Very nice work..

is a plan available?