Hold Down Foot

When I first started scrolling, I used the hold down on my Craftsman saw.  That thing vibrated enough to make the hold down almost a necessity.  Besides, I really didn't know any better.  As I got better at cutting, I realized it was more hindrance than help, so I took it off.  Never used the one on my 2nd saw, DeWalt or my current saw, EX-21.

My new Hawk is the only saw that still has it on.. that's because you have to take the accessory arm off to get it out.. as I tried to take it off... but I haven't had time to fuss with it too much.. but it is raised up and out of the way as best as I could get it.. I've never used one.. so I have no idea how it helps.. LOL.. I have all of them for each saw.. just not on the saws...

Edited by kmmcrafts

6 minutes ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Maybe we could send them to a specific place and they can reuse them for new saws. They all are from reading here brand new. They keep recycling them they could skip making that piece. 😀

I'm guessing but, I bet they are required to have it on there when sold new.. Probably some idiot scratched their finger or the wood started bouncing and pinched their finger.. and thus.. a safety device was invented and required to be on any new machine.. Now.. to me it's more of a safety hazard on there than off.. but that's just me... gotta remember.. they have some real dumb people in this world.. since they now have to mark coffee cups with  Caution Hot now days..  warning labels and caution signs all over the place these days.. Surprised they don't have a warning to not change the tire on a car while it's in motion, LOL

Now Kevin you used terms in here that are not allowed any more in today's society . You can be called out by the politically correct police. We must not harm in any way anyone's feelings. People are very sensitive these days. A whole new world.  But you are probably right. Many examples of this all around us.

I'm guessing but, I bet they are required to have it on there when sold new.. Probably some idiot scratched their finger or the wood started bouncing and pinched their finger.. and thus.. a safety device was invented and required to be on any new machine.. Now.. to me it's more of a safety hazard on there than off.. but that's just me... gotta remember.. they have some real dumb people in this world.. since they now have to mark coffee cups with  Caution Hot now days..  warning labels and caution signs all over the place these days.. Surprised they don't have a warning to not change the tire on a car while it's in motion, LOL