Ok or a botte of perfume ?

Foxfold

I did this today as a gift for my friend of 40yrs + for her birthday. Is it ok? or should I get her a bottle of perfume 🤣

Also, a question for all you more 'experienced than me' people. Do you think I should 'widen' some of the lines on the first cat?   I'm not sure that it wouldn't look a little better if the lines were a little wider around the nose, mouth and cheek..

I hated doing this pattern almost as much as the pattern hated me !!  This is my 4th attempt at it and I went so slowly that I'm pretty sure that most of you would raise an eyebrow in bafflement. However, it was the only way I could actually do it.  It drove me mad !!  Don't know why, it looked straight forward enough on paper but I just found it so difficult to cut.

20190607_201115[1].jpg

Edited by Foxfold

12 hours ago, savethebeer said:

Brenda.I like the pattern and I like the way you've cut it. I would definitely leave it alone. What way will you finish it off, put it in a frame or attach hooks to the back.

Bob

I was thinking that as it has it's own frame, sort of, that I'd just attach hooks to the back. With the backer glued on it would be ½" thick.

Leave it alone, do not touch it.  Your friend will love it.  Stop being so critical of yourself, it does not matter if it took you an hour or 100 hours, you do what is right for you.  We have all had a pattern that we thought looked ok until we went to cut it and half way through screamed WHY, but that is how we learn.  :thumbs: Love it.

Marg

On 6/7/2019 at 2:23 PM, Foxfold said:

I did this today as a gift for my friend of 40yrs + for her birthday. Is it ok? or should I get her a bottle of perfume 🤣

Also, a question for all you more 'experienced than me' people. Do you think I should 'widen' some of the lines on the first cat?   I'm not sure that it wouldn't look a little better if the lines were a little wider around the nose, mouth and cheek..

I hated doing this pattern almost as much as the pattern hated me !!  This is my 4th attempt at it and I went so slowly that I'm pretty sure that most of you would raise an eyebrow in bafflement. However, it was the only way I could actually do it.  It drove me mad !!  Don't know why, it looked straight forward enough on paper but I just found it so difficult to cut.

20190607_201115[1].jpg

Interesting thought to widen some of the features That I never thought of!!! And the perfume will run out but the picture lasts. This last thought brought to my attention as to what makes a pattern hard to cut. This one I'd have to say it's Hypnotic! Very well cut, felines!!!