Door Toppers.

jbrowning

11 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

Instead of double sided tape.  Use Velcro hanger strips that way if you want to change or move you damage wall.

I have been using to hang signs and small Intarsia.  So far nothing has fallen off.

17201-es-command-medium-picture-hanging-strips.jpg

Looked at Command strips a few years ago and they seemed pricey. At least I wouldn't casually put things up and take them down all the time, Say seasonal change. Saw some at Lowes and I think one was $6.00. RJF

11 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

Instead of double sided tape.  Use Velcro hanger strips that way if you want to change or move you damage wall.

I have been using to hang signs and small Intarsia.  So far nothing has fallen off.

17201-es-command-medium-picture-hanging-strips.jpg

Looked at Command strips a few years ago and they seemed pricey. At least I wouldn't casually put things up and take them down all the time, Say seasonal change. Saw some at Lowes and I think one was $6.00. RJF

38 minutes ago, Fab4 said:

Hi Brenda:
Are they just sitting on their own or did you secure them in place?
Is it possible that you secured with a RR spike as was mentioned in an earlier post😀
Fab4

Your work is always creative when you post one. Didn't know of door

2 hours ago, Foxfold said:

It's an ornament that sits on your door frame, they can be anything that you like. I have these ones

doorTopperCat.jpg

Your work is always creative when you post one. Haven't seen door hangers myself. Its got some possibilities. Been thinking of switch plates and outlet plates with design. Working in the flip switch and outlet holes as part of the design. RJF

These are the other kind of door toppers.  I have cut a few of the bigger ones.  You have to be creative to cut a 30" piece on a 22" saw but it can be done.  It is easier then you might think.  They are attached with a small nail or screw.

https://woodenteddybear.com/search?type=product&q=door

20 hours ago, Fab4 said:

Hi Brenda:
Around here, you would be known as being frugal - which is a good thing
Fan4

fru·gal
/ˈfro͞oɡəl/

adjective: frugal
  1. sparing or economical with regard to money or food.
    "he led a remarkably frugal existence"
    synonyms: thrifty, sparing, economical, saving; More
    careful, cautious, prudent, provident, unwasteful, sensible, canny;
    abstemious, abstinent, austere, self-denying, ascetic, nonindulgent, self-disciplined, spartan, puritanical, nunlike, monklike, monastic, monkish;
    miserly, parsimonious, niggardly, scrimping, cheeseparing, penny-pinching, close-fisted, ungenerous, grasping;
    forehanded;
    informaltightfisted, tight, mingy, stingy;
    informalcheap
    "she lives a frugal life"
    antonyms: extravagant
    • simple and plain and costing little.
      "a frugal meal"
      "

Some of the words used here, I can't say I've ever heard. Anybody been cheeseparing lately?

Had an urge to be mingy?

RJF
Edited by teachnlearn