Come on folks, tell us about you.

OCtoolguy

There have been numerous times where I have gone to a poster's profile to see mainly where they are located. Secondly to see what saw they are using and thirdly to see where they fall in age group. Other than people taking the time to "Introduce" themselves in the Introduction forum, too many people don't take the time to fill in their profile. You all know who you are so get busy and tell us a bit about you. Just sayin..........

8 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Hey guys, this isn't FaceBook, they don't have to spill their guts here.  They can put only the info they want known... I don't know my neighbors that live next door to me, birthdays, age or what not,,, they are still good neighbors...😉

I guess that’s why we never wish you a happy birthday Paul!😝

3 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Hey guys, this isn't FaceBook, they don't have to spill their guts here.  They can put only the info they want known... I don't know my neighbors that live next door to me, birthdays, age or what not,,, they are still good neighbors...😉

Nobody would have a clue who you are  Paul, with that photo ;)
image.thumb.png.da0ebdc57a18f27b7935e3e37c25f760.png

6 hours ago, octoolguy said:

They all come here for a quick answer to a question. It would help to know their location because sometimes the answer to their questions will depend on where they are. Even here in the U.S. location means a lot. How long does it take to fill in a profile? 2 minutes tops. 

Not being the sharpest tack in the box, how does location have anything to do with this hobby (addiction)?

I'd like the birthday filled out in a profile too, not so much cause that day of the year matters to me, but if I know I am talking to someone approaching my age group, then I know what kinds of analogies will be understood.

7 hours ago, octoolguy said:

They all come here for a quick answer to a question. It would help to know their location because sometimes the answer to their questions will depend on where they are. Even here in the U.S. location means a lot. How long does it take to fill in a profile? 2 minutes tops. 

I just spent 4 minutes filling mine out, or at least part of it.  I type slow. :)

36 minutes ago, JimErn said:

Not being the sharpest tack in the box, how does location have anything to do with this hobby (addiction)?

I'd like the birthday filled out in a profile too, not so much cause that day of the year matters to me, but if I know I am talking to someone approaching my age group, then I know what kinds of analogies will be understood.

only thing that comes to my mind is.. where to get supplies locally.. I see many asking where to purchase the full 5x5 sheets of BB ply.. lot's of folks also order it online.. But it's quite pricey getting it all chunked up into those 12 x 12 or 12 x 24 pieces.. then the shipping.. It cost me $12 a sheet.. 

I'm not stating it is not nice, or helpful to have some of the information, I'm just saying it is up to the individual what info they want to share... They should not be required or feel it is mandatory or feel pressured to provide it.  Just my opinion... I'm not a bad guy, I just am sort of private and I respect other that are also.  It is not a bad thing, nor a good thing, it is just a thing...

I often look at a persons profile to see what info they provide, just curious of location, often I like to know and use a persons real first name, and age, but if they don't provide it,,,, no biggie.

Edited by Scrappile

9 hours ago, JimErn said:

Well, just for an example, someone comes on here and asks the best place to buy one thing or another. Let's say just for the sake of it, they live in the U.K. If we don't know that, how can we offer any sort of advice? I recommend all the time for folks to check Craigslist for used tools. It helps to know what area of the U.S. or other country they live in to be able to offer any kind of suggestions. That's all.