Come on folks, tell us about you.

OCtoolguy

48 minutes ago, oldhudson said:

Ya know Ray, anonymity is one of the reasons folks join groups on the internet. And everyone has there own personal limits about sharing info. It's okay.

It's not like I'm asking for their S.S. # or credit history. Just the minimum would be so helpful. Most folks have done it without pain but the newbies seem to drop in, ask a question and then just sit back. That's all. Nothing too difficult. I'm almost sorry I brought up the subject.

Edited by octoolguy

You should be Ray!!😂  I'm just kidding nothing wrong with asking, and nothing wrong with what amount of personal info a person wants to give, or not.  Just got to warn you though,  I gave my address to a couple of scrollers, Heppernerguy and Scrollingforsanity, and the both have showed up!! 😲  That is what can happen....!

I am very glad they did, I have two great friends now to actually visit with...  That is more friends I have ever had at one time....😧  actually more than I have ever had,,, period!!

Edited by Scrappile

Ray don't delete the topic.. I really think it's a great topic.. and many have left it blank.. maybe on purpose and maybe not.. I rarely fill out a profile to a forum.. when i'm a newbie just because I don't know if I'll stay on board or bail.. Many newbies maybe feel the same and then forget to go back to fill in the blanks..  as others have said..some just don't want the info out there.. But I see nothing wrong with general locations or even asking for others to fill out the profile.. Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder.. 

I think some of us was just having too much fun with your topic.. I apologize for my part of it..  

I didn't fill out the profile when I joined. I often forget that part! i just went and edited mine in! i filled in some spaces, some, i didn't. i put in the state, but i never put in a town. i put in my general age group, but not my d.o.b.. if theres something more specific you want to know.....pm me. if its info that i want to share with you, i will!

3 hours ago, Scrappile said:

You should be Ray!!😂  I'm just kidding nothing wrong with asking, and nothing wrong with what amount of personal info a person wants to give, or not.  Just got to warn you though,  I gave my address to a couple of scrollers, Heppernerguy and Scrollingforsanity, and the both have showed up!! 😲  That is what can happen....!

I am very glad they did, I have two great friends now to actually visit with...  That is more friends I have ever had at one time....😧  actually more than I have ever had,,, period!!

Be kinda nice if someone dropped in on me. I'd love to talk shop with. All my friends sit around discussing motorcycle engine displacements and how many wives they've had. 

1 hour ago, shiney b said:

I didn't fill out the profile when I joined. I often forget that part! i just went and edited mine in! i filled in some spaces, some, i didn't. i put in the state, but i never put in a town. i put in my general age group, but not my d.o.b.. if theres something more specific you want to know.....pm me. if its info that i want to share with you, i will!

It's not for MY use. It's for everybody's use. I just enjoy knowing who, where, age range, and saw type/brand. I don't care what you do/did for a living. I don't care about kids/grandkids. Only things that pertain to our hobby. I honestly think this has gone off the rails and I truly am sorry for bringing it up.

6 hours ago, octoolguy said:

It's not for MY use. It's for everybody's use. I just enjoy knowing who, where, age range, and saw type/brand. I don't care what you do/did for a living. I don't care about kids/grandkids. Only things that pertain to our hobby. I honestly think this has gone off the rails and I truly am sorry for bringing it up.

Don't fret Ray, it's the nature of the ''Internet Forum' beast.  I'm with you, in that I love to see where people are from. Living on such a small island myself I do enjoy looking at how scattered people on here are and think that it's great to see how far and wide the 'scrolling community' is spread.

20 hours ago, octoolguy said:

. I honestly think this has gone off the rails and I truly am sorry for bringing it up.

Shoot this isn’t even going into the siding yet lol. Remember the discussion about “my saw won’t run”?  Ended up hitting every topic from moon landing to price of peanuts in China 🤦‍♂️ This is fun. The other forum you couldn’t get a two person  reply on any topic. 

4 hours ago, trackman said:

Shoot this isn’t even going into the siding yet lol. Remember the discussion about “my saw won’t run”?  Ended up hitting every topic from moon landing to price of peanuts in China 🤦‍♂️ This is fun. The other forum you couldn’t get a two person  reply on any topic. 

Well, I'm happy that you are enjoying it. I for one get frustrated sometimes. There is another sub-forum on here that somebody chimed in and asked a question. It was very much related to this topic. I couldn't give them an answer because of unknown location so I just glossed over it. No info, no answer. Simple as that. 

Edited by octoolguy

10 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Well, I'm happy that you are enjoying it. I for one get frustrated sometimes. There is another sub-forum on here that somebody chimed in and asked a question. It was very much related to this topic. I couldn't give them an answer because of unknown location so I just glossed over it. No info, no answer. Simple as that. 

Must be that tool salesman habit of specificity, "there is a right tool for the job" kind of thing 🙂

I am dense I guess, short of someone asking to try your saw, or see the shop or something, I just can not see what location has to do with anything.  And I figure if you can get by my 120 pound dog who thinks stranger means alpo, come on down.  ROFL

1 hour ago, JimErn said:

Must be that tool salesman habit of specificity, "there is a right tool for the job" kind of thing 🙂

I am dense I guess, short of someone asking to try your saw, or see the shop or something, I just can not see what location has to do with anything.  And I figure if you can get by my 120 pound dog who thinks stranger means alpo, come on down.  ROFL

I tend to shy away from having people come by mainly because of my dog.. he was 9 months when I got him and was rescued from the pound.. I like to rescue dogs rather than buying a dog because I hate to see a great dog get put down because nobody wants them.. Though in doing this.. sometimes you get a dog that has been abused and can be mean.. I don't need any law suite for my 200# grate dane because he licked the top of your head and messed up your hair, LOL.. He's really a nice / good dog.. but around certain people he's very mean and aggressive.. not sure if some people remind him of his past owners or what.. so I really don't trust anyone coming that I haven't warned them of or have already met them.. He can be quite the handful around strangers..  The bad part of him is.. he's plenty tall enough and actually knows how to open the door with his mouth.. so you can hardly keep him contained.. tall enough to jump my fence easily too.. soo.. Good thing I live in the boonies and nobody stops by.. those door to door sales people etc once they pull in the drive are putting their windows up because he's tall enough to stick his head in and give you a kiss if he likes you or... if not.. they tend to go through my yard and get the heck out of here.. LOL 

Your welcome Ray.. I just changed the subject.. LOL

Edited by kmmcrafts

I am not very interested in people's age or location.  But, I really like people to put more information about their saw, blade, wood variety and thickness.  It is tough when people discuss a problem about cutting but fail to provide enough details to have others really understand.