Come on folks, tell us about you.

OCtoolguy

10 minutes ago, dgman said:

Come on Ray, you are just as guilty of this as everybody else!😂

Yeah, you're right about that Dan. Sorry. But, what I have been trying to get at is this......a new person by the name of "Frosty the Snowman" logs on and asks where is the best place to buy one thing or another. They offer absolutely no information as to who they are, where they are, what type of projects they are interested in, what type/brand saw they have and the list goes on. It's very tough to help someone who offers nothing to work with. A long time ago, I suggested that we all "sign" our posts with our first names. That was pretty well received and most of us who are regulars did it. What is so different about adding a simple thing like the city, state, COUNTRY where you are located? It just makes sense to me. Am I being overly inquisitive? As for dogs, we don't have one. But if anybody is interested, we have two cats. I can post pics too.

Ray, you are right in wanting to know these things. There have been times where I looked at a questioners profile to see what part of the world they lived in. If I couldn’t get it in their profile, I would ask on the forum. If I didn’t get an answer, I ignored the post. It’s as simple as that!

Maybe Travis could set up the forum to make people put their general location in when signing up for an account.. I'm on some other forums that are that way.. Then the question is.. will they put in the info or just submit they are from Mars or just enter any text to get around that... I guess that would be their problem if you come back with some stupid answers for their questions..

While on the subject, LOL... Most folks don't realize that the website administrators can see all kinds of info about you.. My website I can track down pretty close to a T where your viewing from.. so much so that it'll tell me right down to if you was on a mobile device brand of computer or a windows / linex machine.. where the main internet connection was through.. so if on a mobile device it'll show a general location / city etc... so being online you're not as private as you might think you are...    

I know two excellent scrollsaw artists that I see regularly. Both belong to my three different woodworking clubs. Neither belong to this forum. One was a student of mine in woodworking class 44 yrs ago and the other a friend through the woodworking club. Believe me my former student did not become a good scrollsaw artist because of my class. I had two powermatic scroll saws with 1/4" blades they were doing good to cut curves on shelf brackets which was a required project.

Best place to buy something - where ever you think you got the best deal/service.  Let's face it, the internet is almost always the place to start.  Or if you are touchy feely, go find the item in a store, decide you want it, find it on the net delivered cheaper, and either buy it, or print the shopping cart out and see if the store will match it.  In my small town that match it concepts works, in a larger city that may not.

We found a rocker recliner, all electric for the wife at a store here, $1,450, took pics of the recliner and the tags, found it on the net delivered for $850, the store matched the price and delivered it.  Best part was the store took away the packing materials, I did not have to mess with them.

I can tell you about me. I'm in the hospital waiting to have a defibulator implanted Monday. Have not been scrolling much as my energy level is zero. Doctor says that will change quickly. Hope to be scrolling real soon. Merry Christmas and seasons greetings to all and to all a good night. ŹŹZZZZZZ

12 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

I can tell you about me. I'm in the hospital waiting to have a defibulator implanted Monday. Have not been scrolling much as my energy level is zero. Doctor says that will change quickly. Hope to be scrolling real soon. Merry Christmas and seasons greetings to all and to all a good night. ŹŹZZZZZZ

The doctor is right. My neighbor had a pacemaker implanted and he said he felt a whole ton better. Not sure of the difference between his and yours but it's going to help no matter what. Best of everything to you Les. We'll all be praying for your successful surgery. 

59 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

Wow Les, I’ll be rootin for you!

10 hours ago, Rockytime said:

I'm in the hospital waiting to have a defibulator implanted Monday.

Thinking of you Les, from this side of the world. Keep your spirits up, this surgery will make a world of difference.  Wishing you and yours a Great Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

I agree with Ray, I like to be able to see a little info about people.  I have been on a motorcycle forum since 2004.  We have a big reunion get-together every year and several smaller ones throughout the year.  Some of the people that I have met on that forum have become closer than some of my family members.  We all know where everyone lives, what they do for work, what they ride all because they/we have entered in a little info.  Joe asks where is the best place to buy a rear tire, everyone knows that Joe is from Atlanta so all of the people around Atlanta chime in.  It's not mandatory, but it does help to know a little about who you are keyboarding with.  

16 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Les, 

Best wishes for a great outcome.  Implantable devices have come SO far and folks are much better post surgery. 

Will be looking for pictures of new projects soon.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, bandaideman said:

Hey Ray I knew I had filled out profile maybe, I checked and it is except I moved over 2 years ago and am no longer in Indiana but in North Carolina.  Glad no body wanted coffee they would never find me to share a cup some morning. 

Really? I’m in North Carolina too! Between Fayetteville and Cary. Where are you?

10 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Thank you for the kind wishes! Surgery went well yesterday and I'm home today. Can't drive or go into the shop for two weeks. However I feel great and this too shall pass. Also I have just upgraded my profile page.

Glad to hear you are on the mend.  With the holidays, I'm sure the next 2 weeks will fly by.