Tree of Life

OSU Buckeye

17 hours ago, dgman said:

Excellent for your first project! What wood did you use and how did you finish it?

Thx.....the wood was birch plywood (the label also says Balt---though I do not know what Balt means).  I did 2 coats of stain and 3 coats of polyurethane spray.

Edited by OSU Buckeye
left out a word

4 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

I am planning to do another tree of life - totally stealing your idea of a photo as the background.  Great cutting.

The use of a photo was from someone on youtube who used a sunset photo.  I decided to use a photo I had taken of the two ducks swimming because it was simple and the focus point is on the ducks on the right, their paddling wake on the left, and a brighter "sky" section showing through the top of the tree through the smaller holed out sections.  It really depends what effect you are looking for.  I may do some others with different photos down the road.

Great work!  Keep searching there are many different patterns out there. Some are great patterns. Try pintrest, I found several patterns by shutterstock.

If you want a project, you can use the Tree of Life from celticartstudio.com ONCE, if you give Jen Delyth credit when you post it. I've done it if you want to see what it is, it's in my library.  A project well worth it.

Edited by Fish