New on the Block

OLScroler

Im Chris and reside in Lawrenceville Ga. I've been scrolling for some 20 years or so, started out by trading a large compressor for a scroll saw. RBI Hawk 20 inch, you know the one that had allen screws on the top and bottom blade clamps with the adjusting tensioning leaver at the back. Sense then I've added a Excalibur also the other day a 26 inch Hawk, needs a little attention though. Have cut a fair amount of stuff but pretty much give most of it as gifts or if someone appreciates it away it goes, also as Sunday School white elephant gifts sure is a lot of fun watching those folks fight over something you can always cut another one. Don't get me wrong Im not the best around but its therapy, just me and my saw. Well its off to planing or cutting. Looking forward to meeting y'all and picking up tips as well. Will I better get to it, Figure if I don't have any cuts around then its time to build/cut something else.

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

There,s a certain flair to your projects!!! High detail !!! I think we will have plenty to share with you and I antisapate the reverse. You,ve got lots of years of fine tuning your skills that I,m sure love to learn. My mouth waters at the managers of quality saws in your shop. We love pictures of shops too. I think most of us scrollers are givers. Some get cases of my work on the house,lol I hope you become a regular here . Welcome friend!!! See you soon!!!

Edited by amazingkevin
Spelling

On 3/19/2020 at 6:33 AM, OLScroler said:

Im Chris and reside in Lawrenceville Ga. I've been scrolling for some 20 years or so, started out by trading a large compressor for a scroll saw. RBI Hawk 20 inch, you know the one that had allen screws on the top and bottom blade clamps with the adjusting tensioning leaver at the back. Sense then I've added a Excalibur also the other day a 26 inch Hawk, needs a little attention though. Have cut a fair amount of stuff but pretty much give most of it as gifts or if someone appreciates it away it goes, also as Sunday School white elephant gifts sure is a lot of fun watching those folks fight over something you can always cut another one. Don't get me wrong Im not the best around but its therapy, just me and my saw. Well its off to planing or cutting. Looking forward to meeting y'all and picking up tips as well. Will I better get to it, Figure if I don't have any cuts around then its time to build/cut something else.

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

It looks to me that you may be the "new kid on the block" but you are no stranger to the art of woodworking. Nice work. Welcome aboard. We'll all be learning from you it seems.