Buckeye state newbee

oldfa_t

Hi everyone!  Retired from almost every aspect of the automotive industry and now in a retirement apartment (read small) wondering where the years went.

Planning on scrolling since my entire woodshop is just a memory now.  Never had a scroll saw before and now I'm going to have a small one mounted to a wooden TV stand that can be folded if necessary.  Because of the severe space confinement, I'm thinking about the 87776 MicroLux Mini Scroll Saw.  I know I'll have problems along the way but. I've got time to solve them along with all the knowledge on this site.  Looking forward to the experience and new friendships.

On 12/16/2020 at 11:19 PM, spirithorse said:

Welcome to the forum, Roger!
Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Do you mind saying what general area of the Buckeye state you are from?
No big deal if you are the private type like myself.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Knox County.  Very much centrally located.

Welcome friend, also get a back up scroll saw as down time is not happy time!! This saw your getting looks like fun to me so post your fire wood projects and not so fire wood projects. We've all done them!!! You've found a home now so your family! Jump on in and ask lots of questions so we can save you time scrolling!!! Glad you found us, Welcome again !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to The Village  from Southern Arizona. I started scrolling about the time I retired and it has been a source of enjoyment for me every since. I hope you can find it to your liking as much as I have. Lot for free patterns here to download and cut. We are all here to help one another and share our efforts with others as well. Lots of tutorials on scrolling on youtube.com as well. 

Dick

heppnerguy

• 1 month later...