Russ Beard Eagle

Rockytime

nice.  I definity see how the tail pattern looks like the tail is behind the legs and body.  Since the legs have feathers like boots. It could be easily merged into the tail feathers.  But it was done well. Great job on good cutting on a good pattern.  

Edited by preprius

Majestic Eagles! A very favorite subject of mine and many others.

You did very well on a very nice pattern (which I also have in my "to do" file).

The HL frame finishes perfectly.

Question:  Is there any difference between what you call "laminated Russian BB" and what is commonly called "BB Plywood"?

6 hours ago, TexasDIY said:

Looks great!  Where did you find the Russ Beard pattern.  It looks like a lot of people use his patterns but I have been unable to find them.

Google Russ Beard Patterns. You will get several hits. It will lead you to Facebook where I get his patterns. They are free although I'm not sure why he does this except that he's a very generous man. 

11 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Majestic Eagles! A very favorite subject of mine and many others.

You did very well on a very nice pattern (which I also have in my "to do" file).

The HL frame finishes perfectly.

Question:  Is there any difference between what you call "laminated Russian BB" and what is commonly called "BB Plywood"?

I bought it from Frank Paxton Hardwoods in Denver. I ordered Russian BB 1/8"  They put the sheets in my vehicle. I paid no attention until I arrived home. Stuff sure was smooth. It has either a laminated or sprayed finish. I used it and love it. I have no idea what it is called. I buy my 1/8 and 1/4" from them and still have a supply. Next time I order I'll ask what it's called. I can't phone them as I am too deaf to use the phone. 

Rocky the Quality I see looks Outstanding.  I feel with so many inside cuts as that pattern I would just

have to Stack at least 3 1/8 BB.  Yes I do Craft Show and feel that I know cutting 3 or just 1 the Quality

is going to be the same.  Only Flying Dutchman UR#1 blade for me.................Danny  :+}