My new workshop in Florida

scrollerpete

A few months ago we retired to South Carolina from Vermont. Nice to be able to open the garage door and enjoy the sunshine in December. Even in the morning it's warm enough to be in the garage with the door shut to cut until it warms up.

Have everyone in the neighborhood stopping by to see what I'm doing.

My winter shop is 68 degrees 24/7 it doesn't matter how cold it is outside. I don't plan to move, I live in northeast Indiana it's easy to go anywhere without a lot of traffic and I am too cheap to move because everything is paid for. I have a nice shop 30'x20' when the car is not in the garage and 12x20 when the car is in. Three different woodworking clubs and one has a shop for me to go to, it's more socializing than woodworking at the shop. So have fun in the sun, sometimes in the winter and it's below zero I think about a Florida  vacation. Nice winter setup.

Peter,

Welcome to Florida for the Winter.

I'm a little further South in Ormond Beach (Just North of Daytona) on the East coast of Central Florida.  

I have a very small shop also.  Just 8'x12' in an outdoor shed.  I do not have a garage so this was the best I could manage on my very small piece of property.

After being here in Florida now almost 8 years and dealing with very warm temps for most of the year, when the temps drop into the 40's F, it feels really cold.  However, a small electric heater makes is comfortable and lets me work in my shop all winter.  Of course I also had to instal a small AC unit for those hot summer days. 

Enjoy Florida, I dream of such things but not to often. Right now at 7:00A.M. in Nipawin , Saskatchewan Canada there is lots of snow, -20 as I wait for the sun to rise in 2 hours from now. my truck is outside, plugged in as there is no room in the heated garage. Nice thing about winter here is no grass to cut, or plants to water things that disupt a person's scroll sawing 

7 hours ago, Norm Fengstad said:

Enjoy Florida, I dream of such things but not to often. Right now at 7:00A.M. in Nipawin , Saskatchewan Canada there is lots of snow, -20 as I wait for the sun to rise in 2 hours from now. my truck is outside, plugged in as there is no room in the heated garage. Nice thing about winter here is no grass to cut, or plants to water things that disupt a person's scroll sawing 

Norm, after living in Colorado at 8500 ft elevation, I have experienced the cold weather. That's not the part that I don't like. It's the fact that once it sets in, it's there for far too long. Give me a very short winter season or better yet, none at all. We are looking hard at Florida for a multitude of reasons. Love their Governor.