Here's a look at how I am setting up my shop. I'm using a miter saw stand (works really well with the old Delta, haven't tried the Hegner yet). I chose this miter saw stand because it had the longest capacity, has four built in supports, and extra mounting brackets are easy to find and not too expensive. I'm using this stand to take the Delta to the farmers market that I attend. This really attracted more people to the booth, as well as much better sales.

The third picture is the bracket for the magnifying light and power strip.

I'll get some more picture tomorrow at the FM.

20220701_183311.thumb.jpg.2aaef064f604e1c93dcceb7c6d1fbd34.jpg

20220702_000129.thumb.jpg.f74ba7a8422e62ada2ebfc28303b3b6d.jpg

20220702_000136.thumb.jpg.eb25d0b07fc2f83147284ae254520945.jpg

9 hours ago, Sycamore67 said:

Could you provide information on the stand....brand and model?

Toughbuilt TB-S550

https://toughbuilt.com/product/124-miter-saw-stand-based-on-c124

The factory supports are not tall enough for the Scroll saw, I am replacing them with HF roller supports which will allow the height I need. If you are not intending to do over size projects you won't need the extra height. I've used this stand with the HF lunchbox planer and it was rock solid, so it's not surprising that it handles the scroll saw very well.

1 hour ago, amazingkevin said:

So this is where it all happens! Is that a Delta SS250? My first saw I spent hundreds of not thousands of hours of quality time on it.

Kevin,

That's the direction my shop is going. The concept behind the miter saw stand is that if I situate it in the center of the 18' wall and can handle 8' board to either side no matter what tool I have mounted.

The saw pictured is my old Delta SS 40-560 two speed with the quick clamp (In my opinion the best clamp ever made!). My new saw is a 22" Hegner, still trying to get the hang of it.

13 hours ago, Wichman said:

Kevin,

That's the direction my shop is going. The concept behind the miter saw stand is that if I situate it in the center of the 18' wall and can handle 8' board to either side no matter what tool I have mounted.

The saw pictured is my old Delta SS 40-560 two speed with the quick clamp (In my opinion the best clamp ever made!). My new saw is a 22" Hegner, still trying to get the hang of it.

Those old deltas had the best clamps for spirals!!!

I have the same saw.. that saw was the start of my journey. My father bought the saw brand new around 1988. That started his retirement hobby and he sold at crafts fairs around the area. He wore the saw out and rebuilt it two times.. then the third time he had a hard time finding parts so he upgraded to a Delta 40-540? I think was the model.. basically the same saw but variable speed. The old 2 speed sat under his work bench for several years. One day while visiting him I seen the saw sitting there and asked if I could borrow it and try to make something from it. He said you can have it, but it's pretty worn out.. works but needs new bearing sleeves and pins etc. I ended up using it as is for a few projects and then completely rebuilt it sourcing my parts online finding OEM parts from various sources. That was back in about 2006.. I still have the saw but don't really use it.. Good saws and the quickset blade clamps are the best.. too bad other manufactures can't come up with something like that..