Roly Poly Ladybug

barb.j.enders

Nice Job Barbara! The lady Bug is one of my favorites and I like how you colored it. What did you use to color it? I am not familiar with Osmos finish.

I finished all of the puzzles with Danish oil, never again I can't stand the smell.  

My favorite in the book is still the Penguin tower.

I had never really cut puzzles until they asked me to cut these for the book. There were actually 57. The 57th was a Noah's ark with all of the individual animals (will  do a new post so as not hijack Barbs). That is being sold as a separate printing.  I received the patterns in groups of 10, good thing after the first ten I was questioning myself as to what I had gotten myself into. 

These puzzles are a great exercise in scrolling discipline. After 18 years I still push sideways a bit when I get tired. you can't do that with puzzles.

52 minutes ago, Rolf said:

What did you use to color it? I am not familiar with Osmos finish.

I had the spelling wrong - it is Osmo finish.  I like that it is eco friendly, developed in Canada, and if I remember correctly here in Manitoba.  https://osmo.ca/

It is a wipe on finish.  If you want a more opaque finish, just add more coats.  

I also tend to push a bit at the end or use the blade longer than I should.

I had a  man, several years ago, that saw an animal puzzle I had posted and he asked me where I got the pattern. I told him that I had made it and he asked me if I would sell the pattern to him. I replied that he was more than welcome to have it for free. He then told me he was new to scrolling and was looking for more animal puzzles to cut so I made him several and sent them to him. He was very excited about having them. They are so easy to make and cut. I, personally have not been very interested in puzzles so I rarely cut any, unless it is a request for a great grandchild of ours.  I am always amazed when I see others cutting projects that I don't bother to cut and often they sell a lot of them. Puzzles are a good example of what I am talking about. It just proves to me that I should not try to second guess about other  peoples likes and dislikes and instead I should not judge my likes to be like everyone elses and give more attention to cutting all sorts of items. You have a much better handle on this subject then do I. Keep right on cutting those puzzles and so many other things that  I have chosen to ignore and perhaps I will 'wake the hell up', as Jeff Dunham would say.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 7/18/2022 at 9:51 PM, heppnerguy said:

I had a  man, several years ago, that saw an animal puzzle I had posted and he asked me where I got the pattern. I told him that I had made it and he asked me if I would sell the pattern to him. I replied that he was more than welcome to have it for free. He then told me he was new to scrolling and was looking for more animal puzzles to cut so I made him several and sent them to him. He was very excited about having them. They are so easy to make and cut. I, personally have not been very interested in puzzles so I rarely cut any, unless it is a request for a great grandchild of ours.  I am always amazed when I see others cutting projects that I don't bother to cut and often they sell a lot of them. Puzzles are a good example of what I am talking about. It just proves to me that I should not try to second guess about other  peoples likes and dislikes and instead I should not judge my likes to be like everyone elses and give more attention to cutting all sorts of items. You have a much better handle on this subject then do I. Keep right on cutting those puzzles and so many other things that  I have chosen to ignore and perhaps I will 'wake the hell up', as Jeff Dunham would say.

Dick

heppnerguy

Some pictures would have been nice to go with the story well told to spruce it up a bit.

12 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

Some pictures would have been nice to go with the story well told to spruce it up a bit.

that was several years ago and because animal puzzles do not excite me much I only made the patterns and sent them to the man. I did not bother to keep them because I knew I was never interested in cutting them, just trying to help someone else.

Dick

heppnerguy