Cowboy to Church

Dak0ta52

9 hours ago, John B said:

A nice cutting of a nice pattern Rodney.
I was thinking how I liked the top one better, but after reading that you finished both with gloss, the shine must just be a result of the light.
A big well done to the cutter and pattern maker.

Thanks John. I'm partial to the top (Maple) also. It does have more of a satin finish than the gloss on the bottom, even though it was sprayed with the same product. I've found that you can hold a little farther away when spraying and give a "mist" rather than a heavy soaking will leave a slightly satin finish. I liked the pattern from the Maple in the frame and didn't want the glare of light from a gloss finish to distract from the grain.

5 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Couple of great pictures.. I like you framing method, with the backer border around it... Well done.

Thanks Paul. I started to do one with and the other without. When I did the first one (with the matting size backer) I liked it so well I went ahead and did the second the same way. The trick is gluing the cutting to the larger backing making sure it is square and centered.