mini ornament

Wichman

My fumbly fingers would have trouble holding that, much less cutting it. You did a great job. Apparently, you use a magnifying glass.

I have trouble printing 11X17 from Inkscape also. Usually what I do is make any modifications I want to make in Inkscape (fill and stroke colors) and then save the pattern. I then open a "Draw" program, format the page size dimensions to 11X17, and then insert the picture from file. So far that has worked every time for me. I say "Draw" program because there are several out there. I use Open Office because it's free and does almost everything Microsoft Office will do. Hope this works for you.

Nicely done.  I mainly think "Big" but sometimes "Tiny" is rally nice.

JFYI,:  I use Inkscape to convert, modifiy and size patterns.  I position the pattern on a document/paper size I know my printer can print predetermining what my final cutting size will be.  In my case I use standard US sizes (Letter 8.5x11 and Tabloid 11x17)  which I keep in my Epson ET-16600 paper trays as well as and (Super B 13" x 19") that I can feed by hand.  As an example, I will use the tabloid 11x17 paper size for an 11X14 pattern. Should I want or need to resize the pattern it is simply a matter of opening the SVG file and re-sizing as desired and then repeating the process.

However, I do not print directly from Inscape as I have had problems doing so also.  

Whne I'm satisfied with the pattern I've created in Inkscape, I simply (after first saving the SVG file) do a "save as" and select PDF.  I then open the PDF in Adobe and use it to print, making sure I select the proper "paper size" and other settings like "full size".   

I maintain the original JPG or PNG image file, my converted SVG file and the PDF file for each pattern I've cut or possibly plan to cut in the future.  I have a lot that are ready to be printed plus many image files that still need to be converted into a scrollable pattern.  

And, just for a little bit more information.  I have used Inkscape to create an Image (PNG) file, but have found a better alternative.  There is a free program at https://pdf2jpg.net/ that you can use to convert a PDF directly into a JPG file.  This freebee service is real quick and comes in handy on occasion. 

Edited by FrankEV