simple pattern for 3 year old

heppnerguy

I got this off of Etsy.  Six wheeled animals in the plans. This is a recent set I cut out. Not sure if these are too simple for a 3-year-old, but the 2-year-old my wife babysits for loves them.  I made a set for my grandson (but he's too young right now), and I have been making more to give as gifts to people who are just having kids.

PXL_20230121_185821719.jpg

Edited by rafairchild2

• 3 weeks later...

A funny thing happened this  past week. We have 3 great grandkids born within a couple of months apart. 2 boys and one girl. The little girl had the first party last Saturday and after the party she watched my  wife wrapping presents for the next boy to have his party. My wife was wrapping the red car I posted and when the little girl saw it, asked if it was for her. She really wanted it and at the little cousins birthday she played with the little car again.  My wife convinced me to make her one also and I will be mailing hers tomorrow. I painted hers blue.

Dick

heppnerguy

My main reason for getting back into wood working is due to this little guy now 14 weeks old.  My first grandchild.  Poppy's Workshop is open 24/7.  This is what is bringing me pure joy.

The "LIAM" car was done on a whim, at the request of my daughter during a family dinner one night (advantage my daughter and her husband bought a house 3 doors down from us!).  The other cars I cut out a while back, but just left them in dry fit stage.  I will sand and finish them when he gets a bit older. Will also build a diner and gas station to go with the cars.

liam11 weeks.jpg

carz.jpg

On 6/5/2023 at 2:37 AM, rafairchild2 said:

My main reason for getting back into wood working is due to this little guy now 14 weeks old.  My first grandchild.  Poppy's Workshop is open 24/7.  This is what is bringing me pure joy.

The "LIAM" car was done on a whim, at the request of my daughter during a family dinner one night (advantage my daughter and her husband bought a house 3 doors down from us!).  The other cars I cut out a while back, but just left them in dry fit stage.  I will sand and finish them when he gets a bit older. Will also build a diner and gas station to go with the cars.

liam11 weeks.jpg

carz.jpg

I am not a real fan of wooden toys so I have stayed away from them. Once I made a model that had some realism in to them, I found I did like wooden toys. Because the wooden toys do not excite me is just my own problem, as i found out, the little ones love them. I guess I had best stop making my own judgements and look at the real picture. I tend to stay away from projects that  do not interest me and have found our through the years that what I, personally, don't care for, a lot of others do. I have to say that you wood toys here are really cute and  I am sure they will become Liam's favorite toys as he continues to grow up

Dick

heppnerguy

Edited by heppnerguy