Little Brute Kenworth Tractor Trucks

Ron Johnson

Ron,

After seeing some of your cars from toymakingplans.com I decided I wanted to give it a try and ordered some cars. I am anxious to give it a try. After viewing the plans I don't think they will be too difficult but quite detailed. Have to finish current projects and get ready for the upsoming holdidays. Thanks for your posts and giving those of us who have been stuck in a rut to try something new.

Thanks Ron,

Jerry

5 hours ago, jerry walters said:

Ron,

After seeing some of your cars from toymakingplans.com I decided I wanted to give it a try and ordered some cars. I am anxious to give it a try. After viewing the plans I don't think they will be too difficult but quite detailed. Have to finish current projects and get ready for the upsoming holdidays. Thanks for your posts and giving those of us who have been stuck in a rut to try something new.

Thanks Ron,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry

Brings back some memories. Before I got into scrollsawing as my main hobby some 45 years ago I use to build the plastic Ertel and Revell model trucks of all kinds. I use to make them as realistic as possible. Paint schemes to ones that were on the road as well as opening the doors and hoods to reveal the interiors where I would use fiber optic cables to make the lights on the dash work as well as headlights and tail lights and marker lights and so on. I would put leather on the seats and and make the sleeper car decked out. Those were fun times because that time trucking was big because of the CB phase. When I got out of that phase and into scrollsawing I sold all my models for cheap. I look at the prices now and cringe. Good times.

Your work looks great and I am sure they will be well received.  

20 hours ago, jerry walters said:

Ron,

Thanks Ron,

Jerry

I have purchased some of their plans, they are very well detailed.  

4 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Brings back some memories. Before I got into scrollsawing as my main hobby some 45 years ago I use to build the plastic Ertel and Revell model trucks of all kinds. I use to make them as realistic as possible. Paint schemes to ones that were on the road as well as opening the doors and hoods to reveal the interiors where I would use fiber optic cables to make the lights on the dash work as well as headlights and tail lights and marker lights and so on. I would put leather on the seats and and make the sleeper car decked out. Those were fun times because that time trucking was big because of the CB phase. When I got out of that phase and into scrollsawing I sold all my models for cheap. I look at the prices now and cringe. Good times.

Your work looks great and I am sure they will be well received.  

Thanks John. The trucks you made must have been amazing for the amount of detail you put in to them. Love to see photos of some of them if you have any.