Late comer to scrolling

sydknee

I live in Oamaru a small seaside town on the South Island of New Zealand.Well and truly retired after a long and varied working life none of which involved wood work. Once upon a time I was a keen photographer but for some reason fell out of love with it. After floundering around looking for some sort of pastime to fill in the winter months when the motorhome stays parked up at home I bought an old sad and pretty much neglected Ryobi scroll saw. I found fixing it up actually enjoyable and using it even more so. Long story short. I have found scrolling gives me peace and satisfaction as well as a supply of fire starters. So here I am joining your forum and hopefully finding a home here.

Good morning and Welcome to the Village. Great place to call home.  Lots of friendly knowledgeable people here.  Always willing to lend a helping hand.  Questions and pictures are always welcome here.  Take a bit of time and go thru all our forums , tons of information and be sure to check out our pattern forum some really great patterns there.  Your sure to find something you like.

I am Chelcass and I am in the state of MIchigan, USA.

Welcome from Canada. Ask the Village for any help.  We love to see pictures of projects.

I had to look up where Oamaru was I think that we may have driven through your town many many years ago.  After a working honeymoon (55 years ago) on our way back from Australia, we flew to Christ Church and drove to Mount Cook and then Queenston and then made our way over the coast somehow.  No idea of the route from there.

It is the most beautiful country. 

5 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

Welcome from Canada. Ask the Village for any help.  We love to see pictures of projects.

I had to look up where Oamaru was I think that we may have driven through your town many many years ago.  After a working honeymoon (55 years ago) on our way back from Australia, we flew to Christ Church and drove to Mount Cook and then Queenston and then made our way over the coast somehow.  No idea of the route from there.

It is the most beautiful country. 

Thanks.     It’s Paradise. But then I’m biased

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...