Thanksgiving Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

Thanksgiving_Challenge.png

Spooky season is over, and now we're in the mode of Thanksgiving.  I always thought of this time of year as a transition time, where we can slow down from our summer adventures and back-to-school routines.  Where we can reflect on friends, family, and all of the things we are thankful for.  So this month's scroll saw challenge is about Thanksgiving.  Different countries celebrate Thanksgiving (or a form of) at different times of the year.  But the sentiment is the same:  Counting our blessings and enjoying the company of our loved ones.  Post a project that means Thanksgiving to you.  Is it a centerpiece for the dinner table where you enjoy a carefully prepared meal for your friends and family?  Is it a scenic project or portrait of old farm equipment that is iconic of a bountiful harvest?  Maybe they're hand turkeys you made with the kids?  It is completely open to interpretation.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

• 3 weeks later...

I had to think about this for a while.  One thing I am thankful for is our Chickens.  They keep up supplied with plenty of fresh eggs.  No more having to buy over priced eggs or running to the store because we were out of eggs.  So I cut a ornament to hang on the Christmas tree in honor of them.

Chicken Orn. 11-20-2023 .JPG

• Travis unpinned this topic