Question about a Hawk G426

MarieC

10 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Glad you was able to get this.. Now I hope you love it as much as I love my Hawk saws.. You got a heck of a deal on it.. 

Kevin, Thank you.... by the way, this saw did not come with a foot switch.  Do you have a recommendation for one.  My Ex-21 has a "plug in" right on the saw for the foot switch, this one does not.  Curious how that works.  Thanks again.  mc

I recommend a foot switch.  Most use them.  And I believe most use a deadman switch, foot on machine on foot off machine turns off.  I use to, but a few months ago I tried a latching step on/ step off switch.  I tried because I have been cutting a picture big enough that I have to stand to manipulate the piece of wood.  Now that I am use to it I prefer it.  You plug the saw into the switch and the switch is plugged into the wall receptacle. 

39 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

I recommend a foot switch.  Most use them.  And I believe most use a deadman switch, foot on machine on foot off machine turns off.  I use to, but a few months ago I tried a latching step on/ step off switch.  

I use a foot switch on my EX 21 that came with the saw when I bought it.  .... I think you would call it a step on/off switch which I like.  Where did you get yours?

I had one that I bought from Harbor Freight that was a switch on/off rather than the one you have to constantly keep your foot on back when I had my deWalt.. I sold it with the saw as all the other saws I've had came with a switch, but they are all the type that you have to keep your foot on. The ones that come with the hawks and the hegner are a very low profile one and i like them a lot better than the taller one that came with my EX so I swapped the EX one with one from the Hawk i sold a few years back.. 

Harbor Freight had both the on/off or the one you have to keep your foot on back when i got mine but that was many years ago so i don't know what they have now.. both was the same price I think but just depending on what one you want. The one the Hawk and hegners come with have a plug on them that is easy to plug in a T plug for my Seyco Vac, Saw, and my hour meter so they all run off the foot switch.. Not sure how much Hawk / Bushton or Hegner gets for their switches.. those are the ones I personally like.. because of the low profile.. I think if I had to get a taller one I'd rather have the on/off style.. 

1 hour ago, MarieC said:

Ray, thanks so much ...just one question... is it the type that to keep it on, you keep your foot on it, and as soon as you take your foot off, it turns off? (Did I use too many commas?🙃)

Yes, it's called a "dead man" switch. Because if you die while at your saw, you're foot will more than likely slide off the switch and turn off whatever machine you are operating. Works great around explosives too. If you have a TNT vest wrapped around you and you take your thumb off the button, "DEAD MAN"!

2 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

Yes, it's called a "dead man" switch. Because if you die while at your saw, you're foot will more than likely slide off the switch and turn off whatever machine you are operating. Works great around explosives too. If you have a TNT vest wrapped around you and you take your thumb off the button, "DEAD MAN"!

Okay then that is the one I will get...great price too...thanks😊 

On 12/26/2023 at 6:15 PM, MarieC said:

Lookie what I got myself for Christmas @rjweb @OCtoolguy @Scrappile @Rolf @DRugerH @preprius!  And I was still able to make the apple pie and go to the Christmas party!  It runs beautifully, the table top is almost new and the plastic protective was still on some parts of it. Not too bad for $275 :)

20231226_164146.thumb.jpg.b2283f13420815f9814bfc5261efa313.jpg

20231226_164412.thumb.jpg.72a34ab50e756ecfa35c2b6fe95f394d.jpg

pie.thumb.jpg.e441e68a4d6cc804fcaf320fc26aae13.jpg

20231226_164047.jpg

Very nice.  Should last a long time.  Happy scrolling.

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

The more I look the more jealous I am.  So glad you got it.  The pie is beautiful also.  I am a pie eater,  would rather have pie over cake anyday. 

Thank you!  The next time I visit you and Patti. Remind me to bring a pie..I make a lot of them... all kinds...in fact I am making one right now...🥧

8 minutes ago, MarieC said:

Thank you!  The next time I visit you and Patti. Remind me to bring a pie..I make a lot of them... all kinds...in fact I am making one right now...🥧

My Mom was a great pie maker...I should have learned from her, and so was an Aunt I had.  She use to come and care for us, a couple of times, when my Mom was in the hospital she was an amazing cook and baker,  My brothers and I never had a complaint when we were told Aunt Amanda was coming to help us...The crust is the secret.  My wife never spent time to master it.  I wish I would have.