Chess pieces

Montserrat

2 hours ago, Montserrat said:

Maybe we need a chess challenge in the forum. 

I would not even enter.  On a trip once when my grandson went with us, I taught him how to play chess.  He beat me every time.  I think he was watching me and thinking I must have be trying to teach him how not to play chess.

On 1/29/2024 at 9:34 AM, Scrappile said:

I would not even enter.  On a trip once when my grandson went with us, I taught him how to play chess.  He beat me every time.  I think he was watching me and thinking I must have be trying to teach him how not to play chess.

😄

I taught my grandson how to play a few years ago.  He was maybe 10.  I hadn't played in 40 years and was never really all that good at it, even when I did play regularly.  Took me awhile to remember how all the pieces moved, but it eventually came back to me and we would play a couple games when he came to visit.  I was able to beat him, but he soon lost interest and moved on to other hobbies.  Probably just as well.  If he had kept at it, I'm sure he would have been whipping me in no time.