Using 1/16" blade with a Carter Stabilizer

I have a 14" Grizzly band saw.  I installed a Carte Stabilizer(CS)) on it. I was watching Jeff Vollmer's videos where he was cutting boxes and puzzles using a 1/16" blade. And wondered if I could run a 1/16" blade with a CS? So I decided to experiment...

The blades are hard to find because of the size. I found out that Pegas makes the blades and  called Bearwoods Supply, a distributor for Pegas. I spoke to the rep. who was very helpful and informative and ordered the blade (#14). The blade appears to be 931/2" in length. It fitted well on the groove of the CS with the teeth of the blade clearing the groove.

My first cut was a large puzzle. The cut was  very clean and smooth (not as smooth as a scroll saw blade). I was very happy with the results, it was fast and accurate. I plan to use this method to cut the outside perimeter of the puzzles and cut the intricate parts of the puzzles with a scroll saw blade to save time. I also plan to use this method for cutting boxes. 

4 hours ago, Juan Rodriguez said:

Scrappile, I had the same sentiments. I was able to find one at Circle Saw Builders Supply in Houston, TX for less and the shipping was around $7.00.

I bought the CS for my Jet saw about 4 years ago but haven't installed it yet. Mine cost about $80.

image.thumb.png.b7df51722d9600ce97bcfe2d97bff2f0.png

Edited by Dan