P38 model

3 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Well you did a great job!  Tell us about the propellers, I have never seen that before. 

You have those propellers in  you fridge most likely. I made them by cutting off the bottoms of plastic water bottles. Hows that for recycling?🤣

Dick

2 hours ago, jerry walters said:

WOW!!! Very cool Dick.  I really like it.  Took a lot of work on your part, from beginning to end.

Jerry

It was not particularly a fun project. It was more a stumble through it piece by piece. I was not sure I could make it happen.

Dick

heppnerguy

4 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

You have those propellers in  you fridge most likely. I made them by cutting off the bottoms of plastic water bottles. Hows that for recycling?🤣

Dick

Dick I always knew you were more talented and smarter than me...  I would NEVER thought of that!  What gave you that idea?!

Edited by Scrappile

19 hours ago, munzieb said:

Dick, that is absolutely stunning! I have to believe that was a difficult project especially since its a one-off.

Well done!

As you probably realize, I am not very happy with the results of this effort but at least I was able to complete it and that was something I was not sure of all the way through the effort. It is recognizable but I hoped it could be better than it turned out. It reminded me of when I struggled with cutting your pattern and was almost ready to throw in the towel and you saved me from giving up on my scrolling. The problems were here but your encouragement kept me doing what I love. Because of what you did for me at that time, I just fought my way through this project and never got to that same point of discouragement  I was in then.

Dick

heppnerguy

16 hours ago, rjweb said:

Dick, you have done an excellent job, RJ

I guess the struggle was worth the effort, because even though it is far from perfect I still stuck with it and got it finished well enough that when it is hung from the ceiling as it is going to be, one can not see all the flaws in it. Thank you for you nice comment

Dick

heppnerguy

15 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Dick I always knew you were more talented and smarter than me...  I would NEVER thought of that!  What gave you that idea?!

It was not really my idea but  my good neighbor friend gave me the idea and it worked for this aircraft. I knew it was going to be what I was going to try on this one.

Dick

8 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

As you probably realize, I am not very happy with the results of this effort but at least I was able to complete it and that was something I was not sure of all the way through the effort. It is recognizable but I hoped it could be better than it turned out. It reminded me of when I struggled with cutting your pattern and was almost ready to throw in the towel and you saved me from giving up on my scrolling. The problems were here but your encouragement kept me doing what I love. Because of what you did for me at that time, I just fought my way through this project and never got to that same point of discouragement  I was in then.

Dick

heppnerguy

Makes two of us, Dick.. If iT wasn't for @munzieb encouragement and coaching I would have never complete the Diesel train engine project.   I wish he lived closer so I and you could all go to launch together or something. 

Dick, what a very special project...really nice designing on your part.  I also have been working on a project and am making things up as I go along...so I can understand that what you just made must have taken many hours of designing, looking at it three dimensionly and then cutting it.  Wow!  Really makes you exercise you brain!....Good for you!😊👏