Hello All

MarkF

New here. I am Mark from southern Ohio.  I have only been scrolling for little over a year so I am not very good. I have not been real active on the other site but I sure learned a lot from all the great people there. Hopefully I will get good enough to have some input someday. I am going to try and be more active in this site.  Look forward to making a lot of good friends.

Mark

Hey Mark. Feel free to add any content you wish (photos or text) there is really no need to feel inferior - everyone has to start somewhere, and even if it's just mistakes you've made...someone will benefit from your experience. I'm sure you'll soon find out, but there are some really talented people here, with a vast amount of knowledge (many with individual specialities). If you're ever in doubt...just ask. Welcome to the village.

Mark don't sell yourself short, we all started somewhere. As far as the other site most of us are moving here to be a part of this family as well. Travis and his bunch "which now includes us" are here to help people with their love of woodworking. It's not just scrollin we can help out with. Remember this forum will only be good for you if ya ask questions and take part. Look forward to seeing your work.

sully

I am sure you probably are doing well with your scrolling. Starting out is an experience in itself. Three secrets that I have learned is...1,) start with less difficult projects, that way you don't disappoint yourself too much.  2.) continue to gradually challenge yourself to more difficult pieces, but not too advanced at a time.   3.) Make sure you are using the right type of scroll saw blades and not the ones you find at the big builders supply stores.

You can count on the people here to help you with any questions or hints you might want and no one will make fun of even the worst errors one might make. We all do better with practice and the fun of cutting only gets stronger as we progress in our abilities. Rememer "Just have fun"