Halloween is over and Christmas is right around the corner. Scrollers are starting to think about gifts and patterns to cut for loved ones.  But since the Holiday season is also about helping others in need, we thought we'd continue our own tradition here at Scroll Saw Village as a way to give back.  This will be our 4th year of publishing an e-Book full of Christmas ornaments. These ornaments will be exclusive to this eBook and designed by our talented SSV members. Folks are can download the ebook in exchange for a donation to their favorite charity. My hopes is that we'd be able to raise some money for very worthy causes, and provide some cool patterns at the same time. You can see what we put together last year here.

So I'll need some volunteers to design some ornaments.

• Each designer will provide 5 patterns (no more, no less)
  • I ask that the designs are not made available anywhere else (this gives value to the e-book)
  • Designs must be emailed (or PM) to Travis by November 27th (info below)

A few things to keep in mind:

• Religious and secular designs are accepted.
  • Other religions/traditions also celebrate this time of year, so lets not forget them.
  • Keep detail and size appropriate for an ornament.
  • The due date will sneak up on you quicker than you think.  Get them to me ASAP. 

What do you get in exchange?

• Credit for your design.
  • The warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping others in need.

Submitting your ornaments:

• Email the ornaments directly to Travis (travis [at] scrollsawvillage.com) or PM me.
  • Formats accepted are JPG, PNG. Please keep the pattern in black & White only (no gray) . That way I can convert them easier when putting together the ebook.
  • I'll also accept Inkscape files (SVG). This is ideal if you know how to use Inkscape. That way there is no conversion.

I'm designing. Are you? So who's in? :cool:

I will give this ornament pattern making a try.  I already donated this year in your previous post about it.   So I am with DonR. I know my efforts won't come close to Don's but what the heck, at least I am going to be a part of all this. and family is family so let's all get in on this..

Dick

heppnerguy

This is awesome!  We got 4 ornament submission so far!  The designs submitted are great.  I can't wait for you guys to see them.  If we can reach 8 designers this year, that would be 40 new ornament designs we can add to our eBook!  It's a lofty goal, but I think we can make it.  We're already half way there!  ;)

Special thanks to our contributors so far:

• Trip
  • Don R
  • Jesse
  • smitty0312

We got a couple more submissions.  Special thanks to our contributors so far:

• Trip
  • Don R
  • Jesse
  • smitty0312
  • Birchbark
  • bobscroll

Phantom Scroller also donated some great Christmas plaques.  We won't include them in the eBook, since that's for ornaments only.  But I uploaded them to the Pattern Library.  Check them out when you get a chance!  Great for some holiday decor.  :thumbs:

2 more designers!  Who will it be!?  Will it be you?  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a bit behind on this.  We got another submission from heppnerguy.  That makes 7!  Phantom Scroller is working on some, too.  So that will make 8.  Maybe we can hit 10 designers this year?  How awesome would it be to have 50 new ornament pattersn added to our ebook, this year!?

Special thanks to our contributors so far:

• Trip
  • Don R
  • Jesse
  • smitty0312
  • Birchbark
  • bobscroll
  • heppnerguy

There's still time!  Dust off your Inkscape and think Holiday thoughts.  :)

We got another submission from Dan.  This brings us up to to 8 designers.  I'll also be contributing, so that will make 9.  We still have a week and a half, anybody else willing to donate their talents and provide 5 ornament patterns for our eBook?  Remember, it's for a great cause.  ;)

Here's our contributors right now:

• Trip
  • Don R
  • Jesse
  • smitty0312
  • Birchbark
  • bobscroll
  • heppnerguy
  • Dan

Remember, the due date is November 27th (the day before Thanksgiving).

We got another submission from Phantom Scroller!  This brings us to 9 contributors!  Did I miss anybody?  Submissions are due by the end of Wednesday.  I'll probably publish the eBook the day after Thanksgiving (maybe earlier, depending on schedule).

1. Trip
  2. Don R
  3. Jesse
  4. smitty0312
  5. Birchbark
  6. bobscroll
  7. heppnerguy
  8. Dan
  9. Phantom Scroller

Travis,  you have some really good pattern makers contributing to this and I see one on the list that isn't so very good, :ninja: . but at least I made an effort...

Hey, I cna't wait to see the ebook. it should be a lot of fun just to look at, and then of course, there is the rush to the shop to pound out a few of them to add to the tree and put on to the presents to others.

Dick

heppnerguy