New light for EX Cal 21

rdatelle

I have a great one and worth every penny I paid for it.  It has two things important to me that make it so good.  High quality glass lens and LED lighting (I hate fluorescent lights).  Got mine from here

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/office-school-supply/accessories-furnishings/desk-lamps/8-diopter-led-magnifying-lamp-with-covered-metal-arm-white

Least I'm pretty sure that is the one I purchased.  It was a while ago.  Great place to do business, I have purchased several things from them, never had any problems.  I did receive a stool to sit on when sawing that was missing the ring that you rest your feet on.  I called and ask if they would send me the part.  No problem, they shipped it the same day priority mail, I had it in 2 days, not only the ring but the whole unit it was attached to, hydraulic tube and all.  So I have extra spare parts now.

If you are not as old and blind as me and do not need a magnifying lens, ignore this post....

Edited by Scrappile

Lowes sells these  lights   https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selections-13-25-in-Adjustable-Stainless-Steel-LED-Clip-On-Clip-Desk-Lamp-with-Metal-Shade/1000003084 

They produce a very bright and even white light and they don't get hot. I used to burn myself frequently on the halogen lights that I was using before these.  I bought two of these LED lights and replaced the spring clamps with a shop made aluminum bracket for my DeWalt 788 scroll saw that attaches to the upper arm of the saw so one lamp is on each side of the blade.  Having a light on each side of the blade almost completely eliminates the blade shadows, making it easier to see the blade and cut line of the pattern.  I posted about these lights here. 

charleyl#entry175181                                                                               ights

It should be quite easy to come up with a bracket design to fit your EX similar to the bracket that I made. I used 1/16 thick aluminum for the top curved piece and 1/8" for the flat base piece. The 1/16 material was easy to shape by just bending it around the upper arm of the saw. I then used the vise on my workbench to bend the right angles on the bottom ends and then cut off the excess to form the tabs that I bolted to the base piece. These lights and bracket have added so little weight to my saw's upper arm that I haven't even needed to change the spring adjustment on my Jim Dandy Arm Lift accessory. 

Charley

Edited by CharleyL