Tell me all you want the first time Not after i cut it

amazingkevin

The neighbor that pays wanted the heart i showed him for his wife Linda.Little did he say he wanted Linda on the project to until i delivered it to him finished .I said I'd try to put Linda on it and was able to,luckily.And then a couple of requests from the new employee at the store i showed some of my recent work to.post-1607-0-51301700-1456783337_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-16266600-1456783358_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-19699100-1456783382_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-81278900-1456783417_thumb.jpg Still making room in the shop but very slow go ,I delivered the black ankhs today too across town.Thanks for looking

post-1607-0-90834000-1456783403_thumb.jpg

Kevin, your best bet would be to get a minimum of 50% up front, plus, you should get the client to approve a sketch of the cutting. Then, once they approve the sketch and pay the deposit, your good to go. When I was doing a lot of cutting and selling, I had to start doing this so that I would have no issue getting the money owed to me. Yes it's a pain doing this, but, I had no use for the items that other people ordered and wouldn't accept. If it's a portrait of someone's family member, they are required to pay 100% upfront.

Len

On any "special order" I ask too many questions; but, I have never had a reject! 

I do not begin to sell as much as A.K. though.

I do sell some and have had good luck on that part!

You know ,That's funny ,the amount of questions you need to ask to do something for someone.Thanks for responding!

Kevin, your best bet would be to get a minimum of 50% up front, plus, you should get the client to approve a sketch of the cutting. Then, once they approve the sketch and pay the deposit, your good to go. When I was doing a lot of cutting and selling, I had to start doing this so that I would have no issue getting the money owed to me. Yes it's a pain doing this, but, I had no use for the items that other people ordered and wouldn't accept. If it's a portrait of someone's family member, they are required to pay 100% upfront.

Len

That's true Len2,You really have to be almost annoying to get the info out of people to give them what they want.Cash on the barrel head,lol

Very nicely done Kevin.  I wonder however if you might not be better off when taking an order to get it in writing that way there would be no confusion.  Thanks for sharing these with us.

DW

It's an absolute shame to have to get something in writing for a couple of bucks job.To much time wasted away from scrolling time. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yes Kevin I exactly know what you mean clare and claire the same man has asked for two more names and I said not unless you get the spelling right first time because you will pay for it if it's wrong.  av it! :ninja: and then take the order. :thumbs: Roly

I do make alot of mistakes spelling as i'm so eager to get it on the scroll saw where i'm comfortable at what i do there ,lol

Kevin,

I have had the same thing happen to me and even after I got an approval on the pattern. People seem to think you are doing a painting and it will take awhile so they think nothing of making a change 2 days after they place their order. I even had a rejection after i showed a picture of the piece and went to deliver it. So things happen, as they say

Dick

heppnerguy