Seyco Releases Pricing for new Saw

hotshot

In Canada, the Excesior 21 is priced equivilent to $743 USD.  That saw is basically the EX-21 with nice new paint scheme.  Hope someone starts selling those in the States with that price point.  The 16" version of that saw is $520.  These do not come with the stand.

Edited by hotshot

Now all you guys and ladies hold up for a minute. Let's say all your saws broke down and couldn't be fixed most everyone would be running to the store or internet to buy a $1000 saw, me included. At one time when I was new to the hobby I wouldn't have done it but now I would and I only do it for a hobby. Some of you make a fair amount of money sitting in front of one of these dumb saws  :) and I think you want a good saw to do your work on.

PS - As they say; (That is my story and I am sticking to it"

I just checked the Seyco website. I see they are out of all Excalibur scroll saws... but have the new Jet ... hopefully they are discontinuing the Excalibur.... I have a couple DeWalts that go back to the day Seyco made the DeWalts..

I also have an Ex 21 and an Ex 30.... 

too many saws ....not enough time 

I guess I do not understand all the skepticism.  It is a little more than the Excalibur, and had the Ex stayed in business, they may have had a price increase. This basically the same saw with what most would say are some improvements.  It Ex was a great saw, many's dream machine.  Why now is it way overpriced and not worth that much?  The only thing I see about it that I would change is get rid of the little angle gauge or make it an add on option.  That is a $30 item that I would not use, well at least very rarely.  I really like the replaceable table top thingy, I think. 

I was hoping for an intro price to come in between $750 and $800. Wishful thinking on my part. I am not currently in the market so it does not matter right now. I do own an EX-21. I have also owned and killed a couple Dewalts. IF the quality is anything like the older EX's I think the price might is fair.

With scroll saws and many consumer products you get what you pay for. I have seen way to many times people attempt to scroll with junk tools, they were cheap in more then price and they soon quit.

A Which I would have done anyway.t that price I would spend a bit more and buy another Hawk.

Yep, as prices move closer to those of the Hawk, I think the Hawk option should start to seem more viable.  The EX family is starting to look super unstable (except for Jet), and Bushton is seeming to hang steady.

More than anything, I think the DW788/Delta saws will be the winner as the exit of the EX basically leaves that price point to these two.  And though I love my EX, my 788 is just as capable for most stuff.

One way or the other, its fun to watch this stuff play out.

--------Randy

Edited by hotshot