As if things couldn't get worse

amazingkevin

Hi gang,with all the problems I've been having with nosey the dragon ,I've had customer problems now too.I've never since 2004 had them with scroll saw customers ever.I'm driving 33 miles  to deliver a project ,get a phone call and am distracted at what i'm doing and go to the wrong house drop off the project ,pick up the harmonicas i wanted and go back home.2 hours latter i get a phone call asking if I'm coming.no matter how i tryed to explain what happened She would not listen and went insanely verbal with me.129 texts later after i apologized upteen times and wanted to make things right,She badgered me plenty more.All over a stupid name she broke of all things.The gas she was going to give me for delivery is not going to happen now,I lost her as a customer (but I'm happy for the blessing of letting her go) .She was out of control big time .I stayed calm cool and collect listening to her rant and rave.UNBELIEVEABLE !129 texts WOW.And then the other customer was another one that will not listen to a word i say,But was much kinder with her words.Why make the problem 100 times worse and not just let me fix the problem ,apologize and move on.?

Some people can get really irate when they don't get what they want or something happens. 129 Texts ? I think someone needs anger management classes or help of some nature. I don't have a lot of customers like this and when I do it is short lived. One wanted to order  custom piece and politely declined, when asked why I answered once bitten twice shy. Life  is stressful enough with adding too it. 

I would make her a plaque saying KEEP CALM AND STOP TEXTING and would hand deliver it to her front door then get back in car and text saying special delivery on your porch wait for her to come out and see it then block her so her texts don`t come through and watch her pull her hair out lol 

You never heard the old saying.. You can't win for loosening ,. How about the one that always cracks me up .. The customer is always right .. I have been there and there in nothing you can do because. You can't fix crazy 😊 One bit of bad news, don't be so sure you lost her, some people forget the whole thing next day ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Another reason I never deliver, Mr. Kevin. I don't take many special orders, only around Christmas time. I figure if the customer has time to stop by my shop & make the order with me, I can make a phone call to let them know it's finished, & set up a day & time for them to come back to pick it up. 

Remember, you can't argue with a brainless adversary, & the customer is occasionally correct.

Some people can get really irate when they don't get what they want or something happens. 129 Texts ? I think someone needs anger management classes or help of some nature. I don't have a lot of customers like this and when I do it is short lived. One wanted to order  custom piece and politely declined, when asked why I answered once bitten twice shy. Life  is stressful enough with adding too it. 

Yes that's true .I had to let her go on and on as i don 't want "offer up" to black ball me from their site .It's my best advertisement going for a couple of bucks here and there.

I would make her a plaque saying KEEP CALM AND STOP TEXTING and would hand deliver it to her front door then get back in car and text saying special delivery on your porch wait for her to come out and see it then block her so her texts don`t come through and watch her pull her hair out lol 

Oh that would be nice but they have my shop address and i don't want to deal with an angry hubby.Check this out they live in a $300,000 dollar home and let piddly issued push all their buttons.I delivered the name today and when i got blocks away i texted her and said your project is on your porch i did what i said I'd do.No answer back Good riddance!

You never heard the old saying.. You can't win for loosening ,. How about the one that always cracks me up .. The customer is always right .. I have been there and there in nothing you can do because. You can't fix crazy One bit of bad news, don't be so sure you lost her, some people forget the whole thing next day

Yes i agree .She was supposed to tell all her friends and to expect lots of work but that has been months already and nothing.

Just the reason why the only people I commit a project and time frame is my grandkids everybody else you'll get it when I get time I have a long list haven't done much scrolling lately

Tell me about the long list .There has been a few that i offered to make their name and didn't put i can count those on one hand.Thanks for commenting STU

Another reason I never deliver, Mr. Kevin. I don't take many special orders, only around Christmas time. I figure if the customer has time to stop by my shop & make the order with me, I can make a phone call to let them know it's finished, & set up a day & time for them to come back to pick it up. 

Remember, you can't argue with a brainless adversary, & the customer is occasionally correct.

You made me laugh,Yes the lady definitely had issues and i didn't want to add to them but there was no compromising with her.she was right but would not offer my solution to fix the problem .Things happen to everybody.Nothing is set in stone to go right.

Sorry to hear of your ordeals my friend.  Might want to get a cheap GPS and keep it with the car for times like that. :) As for the verbal abuser, well not making excuses for her or anything of the sort, may have just had a bad week or something.  You did great holding on to your temper and just let her rant.  Keep the Faith Kevin.

DW

I'm happy to hear ya got a grin from my post, Sir. Some folks are just built not to listen to reason. I've dealt with all kinds of folks in my life, Mr. Kevin. Bein' a truckdriver, ya deal with everything from brain dead dispatchers to hot headed brokers to weather to folks who were donated a drivers' license just to say they got one. And in every situation, I found it was just best to sit in the pilot seat & do what I done best. Drive my truck. On occasion, I'd be late with a load, but it was rare. When I bumped the dock, & had been sittin' there for 12 - 14 hours, & dispatch & the broker were still screamin' about where their load was, I just told them I was sittin' at the dock, WITH the reefer runnin', & was curious who was going to pay my sit time bill of $50/hour. The response on the other end of the phone was the usual "uhhhh, well, we'll getcha unloaded directly."  That's part of the reason I retired after 35 years. It never happens, my friend. You're exactly right, nothin' is set in stone. But some folks forget about the dedication those of us have that do care about the other person. :( Keep scrollin' brother! God bless!

Edited by SCROLLSAW703

Sorry to hear of your ordeals my friend.  Might want to get a cheap GPS and keep it with the car for times like that. :) As for the verbal abuser, well not making excuses for her or anything of the sort, may have just had a bad week or something.  You did great holding on to your temper and just let her rant.  Keep the Faith Kevin.

DW

Yes being old you have to bite your tongue alot more,Thanks for agreeing !

I'm happy to hear ya got a grin from my post, Sir. Some folks are just built not to listen to reason. I've dealt with all kinds of folks in my life, Mr. Kevin. Bein' a truckdriver, ya deal with everything from brain dead dispatchers to hot headed brokers to weather to folks who were donated a drivers' license just to say they got one. And in every situation, I found it was just best to sit in the pilot seat & do what I done best. Drive my truck. On occasion, I'd be late with a load, but it was rare. When I bumped the dock, & had been sittin' there for 12 - 14 hours, & dispatch & the broker were still screamin' about where their load was, I just told them I was sittin' at the dock, WITH the reefer runnin', & was curious who was going to pay my sit time bill of $50/hour. The response on the other end of the phone was the usual "uhhhh, well, we'll getcha unloaded directly."  That's part of the reason I retired after 35 years. It never happens, my friend. You're exactly right, nothin' is set in stone. But some folks forget about the dedication those of us have that do care about the other person. :( Keep scrollin' brother! God bless!

Your the best!you said it  all!

Kevin,

I am really sorry to learn about your issue with this customer. Move on buddy, don't let this affect your health. It is not worth. Just cover all the possibilities next time.

Smile and keep scrolling :)

Sam

Thanks Sam ,I'm very used to this .As a handyman for over 30 years i was amazed at all the trumped up reasons for a customer not paying me.They got done what they wanted ,but had to get a big discount for being them. I never understood why someone can cheat someone out of their labor but I'm not going to bad mouth you or fight with you or be a vigilantist to you for my money.The best thing i do is sleep soundly as a clear conscience is the softest pillow!i have a big heart  and show it to all.

I'm not sure about that, Mr. Kevin, but I appreciate your kind words. :) Don't let this drag ya down is basically what I was tryin' to say. You know your capabilities & how to do them well. ;) Keep scrollin'!

Thank you Mr.Brad.I was brought up with the golden rules and keep the Lord in my life!The Ten Golden Rules on Living the Good Life - Forbes