Do you keep a shop journal with notes on your projects?

SCROLLSAW703

I don't keep a journal.  Used to take pictures (35mm film, pre-digital era), but have gotten away from that, mostly due to the fact that I don't have a cell phone capable of taking, storing & displaying them.   I too get asked the question all the time as to how long it takes me to make stuff.  I simply say "I don't know", because I don't bother to keep track.  It's a hobby and I'm not on a time clock, so it isn't really all that important to me how many hours/days it takes me to make something.  If I made stuff to sell, I'm sure I would have a much different perspective.

I do maintain a list of the Christmas ornament I make each year.  Every year, since 1993, I choose a pattern and make dozens of ornaments from the pattern to give away to friends/family.   The first few years, I probably made 30 or 40.  Last couple years, I've made just under 100.  I keep a list simply to avoid using the same pattern twice.  I  do record what it was made from and how it was finished.  That's about all I keep track of.