Last Christmas Ornaments

Sycamore67

More outstanding work.  I really like those ornaments, particularly with the addition of the items like the reindeer, tree and star.  In my opinion, they add another step up in the dimension and creativity of them.  Thanks for showing.  Like you, I highly value this forum and the people who share and give information so freely to all of us to learn from.

I missed your original post but chuffing heck! How small is that reindeer?  Stupendous!

Rob

OK, I just saw the original post which mentions the size of the reindeer.  Wow, just wow.  My mind is well and truly boggled.

Awesome.

Rob

Edited by Rob
Update

On 12/14/2017 at 7:17 PM, Sycamore67 said:

After I posted about the mini reindeer in an ornament, several people commented that they liked it.  It got me to thinking about other things to add to similar ornaments.  So I tried making a miniature tree and a star.  This is the result.  My thanks to those encouraging comments.  This shows the value of the forum and people's comments.

1513296653487.thumb.jpg.738cd316718f856690280294f4de9390.jpg

these are exquisite work of art keep,your work coming

I used Watco Natural Danish Oil to start with.  I use a Zip lock bag and put several ornaments in it and gentle shake.  This gets finish into all the books.  I wipe them off and hang them for a day or so. With some of the woods I need to lightly sand parts as the grain has raised.  I then use spray shellac...two coats or so.  The tiny insert pieces are sprayed with shellac from a distance.  If too close they get blown around.  

The inserts are put in place and have to be held a bit while the 5 minute epoxy is setting.  

I hope to see something kind of like this that others try.

I have given several of these and requests to sell them.  I do not think I could charge enough considering the time especially to make the mini parts.