Finally A Bit Of Vinyl

blights69

9 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Great work!
Do you back these cuttings and, if so, what do you use for your backer?
God Bless! Spirithorse

I do Spirithorse and I simply use another vinyl record :) already the size I need why not I say I tend to go through my albums I have and use the thicker ones for the cuts and the thinner as the backers . 

2 hours ago, Lucky2 said:

Nicely done Frank, will the local charity shop sell them?

Len

Yes Len they either sell the ones I give back or they keep for summer raffle christmas raffle etc I also give some of my pieces to another charity that sells in a local market and the proceeds go to funding the soup kitchen for the homeless, I hand most of mine over to others but I do sell the requests that brings in the funds needed for materials etc to allow me to give the rest to the charities I like to help out. 

On 1/1/2018 at 11:55 AM, blights69 said:

Not yet Wayne but now you have mentioned it I will have to try it :) 

Let me know how it works!, I think CD's may work but I am not sure DVD's will as they are actually comprised of multiple layers so they may chip and splinter...I broke my last spiral last week otherwise I would try it.

I ask cause I have loads of them and that would be a good use for them..

7 hours ago, WayneG said:

Let me know how it works!, I think CD's may work but I am not sure DVD's will as they are actually comprised of multiple layers so they may chip and splinter...I broke my last spiral last week otherwise I would try it.

I ask cause I have loads of them and that would be a good use for them..

I will let you know Wayne when I try one I will try both to see what happens unless of course someone here has already tried it and knows then please say it may save me cutting up my wife`s best Abba CD and live in concert DVD :)