Popular Post Steve Curtis Posted January 12, 2018 Popular Post Posted January 12, 2018 Finished this crow for a client of mine. MTCowpoke22, jollyred, MarieC and 15 others 18 Quote
Gfhwoodwerks Posted January 12, 2018 Posted January 12, 2018 Very nice work. The more I look at all the intarsia the more I think I might give it a shot. Steve Curtis 1 Quote
Scrolling Steve Posted January 12, 2018 Posted January 12, 2018 Very nice fit and finish, Steve ! Steve Curtis 1 Quote
DWSUDEKUM Posted January 12, 2018 Posted January 12, 2018 Very nicely done Steve. Thanks for sharing this with us. DW Steve Curtis 1 Quote
Rockytime Posted January 12, 2018 Posted January 12, 2018 Really nice. Good work. Steve Curtis 1 Quote
rdatelle Posted January 12, 2018 Posted January 12, 2018 WoW, that came out great. One day I will get up the nerve to do one. How do you finish it, with spray varnish. Steve Curtis 1 Quote
lawson56 Posted January 12, 2018 Posted January 12, 2018 Your client is gonna Love it! Awesome work. Steve Curtis 1 Quote
Steve Curtis Posted January 13, 2018 Author Posted January 13, 2018 Ralph, I did use spray varnish on this art piece. Most of the time I use danish oil and wipe on each piece before glueing. Sometimes I use epoxy. All depends on what my clinets are willing to pay for the art piece. Steve Quote
wombatie Posted January 13, 2018 Posted January 13, 2018 I am not into crows but I like this one. Great job Steve. Marg Steve Curtis 1 Quote
amazingkevin Posted January 13, 2018 Posted January 13, 2018 15 hours ago, Steve Curtis said: Finished this crow for a client of mine. That's the first bird done in intarsia that makes it lookm like i cold do a bird like that maybe.very nice job indeed!!!! Steve Curtis 1 Quote
newfie Posted January 13, 2018 Posted January 13, 2018 Looks great thanks for sharing Steve Curtis 1 Quote
bobscroll Posted January 13, 2018 Posted January 13, 2018 Lovely work there Steve! Top drawer stuff! Thank you for posting, Bob Steve Curtis 1 Quote
Rob Posted January 14, 2018 Posted January 14, 2018 That's a cracker. Definitely worth crowing about! Rob Steve Curtis 1 Quote
Dave Monk Posted January 15, 2018 Posted January 15, 2018 Sure looks great. I must say that I really admire you guys that do intarsia. Steve Curtis 1 Quote
WayneG Posted January 15, 2018 Posted January 15, 2018 nice work! love that, I must do some more intarsia.... Steve Curtis 1 Quote
GPscroller Posted January 16, 2018 Posted January 16, 2018 Wonderful job, what is the wood you used for the body of the crow? Jeff Steve Curtis 1 Quote
Steve Curtis Posted January 16, 2018 Author Posted January 16, 2018 I used black walnut. GPscroller 1 Quote
Bob Eckert Posted September 14 Posted September 14 Hi Steve, where did you get the crow intarsia pattern? I'd like to try making that. Thanks, Bob Quote
barb.j.enders Posted September 15 Posted September 15 14 hours ago, Bob Eckert said: Hi Steve, where did you get the crow intarsia pattern? I'd like to try making that. Thanks, Bob This is an older posting. I just looked at his profile. He hasn't been on since 2023. Quote
Bob Eckert Posted September 15 Posted September 15 Yep saw that too. Funny thing, I have Kathy Wise’s Intarsia Bird book and that exact pattern is in it. We’ll start this project soon. Thanks, Bob Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.