Feathered Friends Trinket Box.

Dave Monk

Dave,

When are going to stop doing this to me? I am getting blown away from your outstanding workmanship every time you post. For a person  that is as new to scrolling as you are, have certainly grown into a fabulously skilled scroller.  Thanks for posting your great works for all of us to enjoy. 

Dick

heppnerguy

3 hours ago, Hawk said:

Hey Dave;

Amazing piece, very beautiful. One question, do you cut the inlay separately or stack cut them?

Chris

Chris, It may not be the correct way but I do them all separately. I started by putting the flower pattern on my maple piece of wood. Put my poplar underneath to do the stem and leaves. Then I put the cedar under and cut the flower. Put the cherry on top and cut the hummingbird in.....used a couple pieces of mahogany for the dark spots in the bird. ............If anyone has an easier way please speak up.

On 2/1/2018 at 10:16 AM, scrollerpete said:

This is beautiful excellent choice of wood and the craftsmanship is top. Is it your pattern?  I would be interested since I have a very good friend that loves butterflies

Yeah Pete, these are not butterflies though, it's a humming bird.

Len