Signing your projects

rjweb

I started off signing with a wood burning tool to write my name.. then of coarse I'm always in a hurry :lol: so I started using a fine point Sharpe pen before I apply any finish. I think it looks much better. Then most recently I found you can order custom return address stickers.. I made it up somewhat like my business card and place it on the bottom of my clocks.. then finish over them... That said.. I still like the Sharpe better.. I do use the stickers for certain things yet but for the most part.. I went back to the Sharpe... Mostly because I like to finish my work with beeswax and mineral oil.. The stickers don't like sticking to that.. and I haven't found a spray clear that I like on clocks yet.. I've done Danish oil,  50/50  BLO and Mineral spirits etc etc.. and then top coat.. don't like the look.. If the look was awesome I could deal with the extra time it takes for drying and the strong smells to go away.. But the look is certainly not worth the wait times for me.. Like I said.. I'm always in a hurry, :) 

I have used a fairly basic branding iron that is heated by a torch for close to 20 years - still going strong - but if the piece is too small for the branding iron then I just initial it with a Sharpie - am thinking of getting a smaller, electric, custom branding iron with just my initials. 

Jay