King of the forest......

lew

8 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

You are  one busy guy. Hammering out the pieces like you were trying to cut every pattern ever made. All of them look really well done too. Congratulations on your fine work

Dick

heppnerguy

Thanks!!  More rain then sun the last few weeks, so outside chores have been on hold...lots more cutting time!! 

( Actually, I'm trying to burn out my scroll saw so I can justify buying a new one!!!)

Very nice!!!

Brings up a question, though.  What are the legal ramifications of creating and cutting a pattern from a movie screenshot/poster??  Is it fine for personal use, just as long as you don't sell it?  Do you have to get permission in writing?  I'm curious because I'm working through the SSU tutorials for GIMP, and ran across a really cool picture of Po from the first Kung Fu Panda movie that would look awesome (and there is, of course, no charge for awesomeness) on my desk at work.  Its good practice if nothing else, but I was wondering about the legal aspects as I was mucking around with islands and peninsulas and all the other geographic bodies.

14 hours ago, RabidAlien said:

Very nice!!!

Brings up a question, though.  What are the legal ramifications of creating and cutting a pattern from a movie screenshot/poster??  Is it fine for personal use, just as long as you don't sell it?  Do you have to get permission in writing?  I'm curious because I'm working through the SSU tutorials for GIMP, and ran across a really cool picture of Po from the first Kung Fu Panda movie that would look awesome (and there is, of course, no charge for awesomeness) on my desk at work.  Its good practice if nothing else, but I was wondering about the legal aspects as I was mucking around with islands and peninsulas and all the other geographic bodies.

Copyrighted material...like Mickey Mouse.....needs permission to reproduce and sell. OK for personal use. Famous people...singers, musicians, actors, are in the public domain. You could do cuttings of John Wayne and sell them without permission, If I am incorrect, please correct me.