Moving To Kansas City

5 hours ago, Kris Martinson said:

Hi fellow scroll saw artists. I am planning to move to Kansas City, MO before the end of this year, and I need help finding supplies outlets and local scroll saw groups. Any help will be appreciated. And if there are any fellow scrollers in that area, please let me know.

You're breaking out of California? Does Governor Moonbeam know that you are going? Better check with him first. He needs your $$$ for the bullet train.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, octoolguy said:

You're breaking out of California? Does Governor Moonbeam know that you are going? Better check with him first. He needs your $$$ for the bullet train.

That jerk (Gov. Brown and his cronies) is a big part of why we are leaving. This place is getting downright dangerous.

Edited by Kris Martinson
addition

24 minutes ago, Kris Martinson said:

That jerk (Gov. Brown and his cronies) is a big part of why we are leaving. This place is getting downright dangerous.

You are so right and it doesn't look like it's going to get better anytime soon. We DO keep hoping though. Best of luck to you.

6 hours ago, ScollSaw Slasher said:

As to the bullet train, our governor (Florida) is still being pilloried for refusing the Federal grant by certain factions. The Gov's main  reason was that no matter how large, it would bankrupt the state. Love visiting California, but glad I live in Florida.

As to the bullet train, if it ever got built out and only served two stops that might be ok but, every little wide spot in the road wanted to have service. That means many stops and starts. The 2.5 hours that were originally talked about would become 8 hours in the end. What kind of a bullet is that? A damned slow one is my answer. Just another boondoggle that would cost the taxpayer bazillions.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, octoolguy said:

I am curious as to why Kansas City though. Any particular reason? I can think of at least a thousand other places to move to.

My son and his family moved there a year ago, and I can't stand missing out on my grandson's life. To me, KC will be the best place on earth, because that's where my family is.

1 hour ago, Kris Martinson said:

My son and his family moved there a year ago, and I can't stand missing out on my grandson's life. To me, KC will be the best place on earth, because that's where my family is.

I get it. I had to ask though. Family is the best reason. We wanted to live close to our son in Colo.Sprgs. but we couldn't find an area in the town that we liked that was affordable and it snows there too. So, he and his family will have to come here to visit.