substitute for dremel

Foxfold

I've tried to use a Dremel several times but I find it really hard to hold. Although I know it's not big I find I cannot get my fingers around it's chunky shape. My hands hurt after just a few minutes of using it. So I went searching for an alternative and Voila !!!

It was advertised for Nail Beauticians but it looked ideal so I bought one. I chose pink much to my hubbys amusement.

It holds all the Dremel bits, so I'm really pleased with myself for finding it.

20180922_231916[1].jpg

I'm cheap fragile so I bought this from Harbor Freight Tools because it is slightly cheaper than Dremel, slightly less bulky, and comes with the
flexible shaft. I don't use it as much as I thought I would but, have used it enough that I think it has paid for itself for the jobs that I have completed with it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/96-volt-cordless-variable-speed-rotary-tool-kit-63389.html

God Bless! Spirithorse

Harbor freight and a few others also have variable speed bench grinders with flexible shaft hook ups.  I toyed with the idea of getting the little 3 inch grinder, mostly for the flexible shaft set up and variable speed.    I asked my dentist about purchasing an old dental drill set up when they replace them. He just laughed and said, they bring far too much for a hobbyist to want.  I thought that little pen type hand set with the offset angle head would be great.   This might work though: https://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Dental-Lab-MARATHON-35k-Rpm-Handpiece-Electric-Micro-motor-10-Drills-Burs-N3/201527992673?epid=25011006690&hash=item2eec012161:g:LqUAAOSwQFNbA9eN

Edited by zimmerstutzen