Gandalf the Grey from Lord of the Rings.

Charlie E

Challenging for any scroller. They keep you focused for sure. But for anyone afraid to tackle this type of pattern, all you have to do is remember is it all 'one hole at a time'. This is a fabulous example of patience and care. Beautiful piece. You do not have to enjoy anything Lord of the Rings to enjoy this cut

Dick

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, nebur9362 said:

Oh my god!! What a beautiful job, absolutely incredible! Like Gandalf says once, "all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us", and you nailed it. Thanks for sharing with us :)

Thanks so much. Love that quote! I almost put an oversized backer on it so I could put it at the bottom. 

4 hours ago, Scrappile said:

@Charlie E can you explain this a little, "then fogged it with flat black from a rattle can to darken it a bit".  I think I know what you mean, but have not heard of this before.  Did you just kinda lightly mist over it?

Yeah that's it. I may have made that term up. 😉 I like more of a very dark brown backer on some things rather than black. If stain doesn't get it dark enough I lightly spray it then rub it with a rag before it drys and repeat till I like it.

Edited by Charlie E