Nice work Kevin.  My wife was an owl freak when we first married (back when dirt was new).  You could not go into any house without owls starring at you.  Then she got into Longaberger Baskets,  they are all over the house.  My son-in-law, one of the first times he and my daughter came to our house for a weekend, after they were married,  went in to one of the bathrooms, he was, I assume, sitting there and all of sudden he calls out "oh, my God, I have counted 13 basket in here!".  Now it is quilting... material everywhere.... I love her, what can I say.....

9 hours ago, MrsN said:

I made this welcome sign for my mother recently. I made her a fall one and she hinted about needing one for spring. I found an image on the internet that I used to draw the bird and branch, then added the words below. I did put it on a backer, but couldn't find that photo. Mom loved it, and what could be better than that. 

Katie - that looks great an I can see why your Mom loved it.  You better get to work on the summer and fall ones now so you are ready and can give them to her without her "hinting" - or wait for the hint and then she will think you are really fast! 😉

• Travis unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...
On 4/4/2019 at 11:29 AM, Scrappile said:

Dang, some really neat stuff here.  I don't have much in the line of critters.  I have made my grandson a couple wood trucks, not critters.  I did make him this dragon, he likes dragons.  It is called the Time Keeper or something and was suppose to hold a clock, but for some reason I pictured him holding a crystal ball.

dragon 1.jpg

Hello i try this pattern but I don’t find it. Can you help me ?

On 4/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, Travis said:

Critters_Challenge.jpg

Spring is in the air and our furry little friends are coming out to play.  This month's challenge is all about the critters in our lives.  Share a project of bunnies, puppies, and anything else that make you saw "awww."  Post your animal projects below.  When you do, please tell us a little something about it.  While we love seeing your handiwork, it's the backstory that makes it special. 

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Was going to comment then realized the date - can't seem to delete🤣😊

Edited by barb.j.enders

On 4/4/2019 at 12:04 AM, John B said:

A selection from my toy making days.
I used to see yellow, my hair would be yellow, my clothes everything was yellow when I made the ducks. Besides the ull alongs like in the photo I used to make flappers that had a handle that you'd push and their feet, made out of vinyl would flap on the ground. I'd do dozens at a time as I just couldn't keep up with them. From memory they sold for about $20 each.
All the googly eyes are recessed and superglued in place

DSCF1501.JPG

DSCF1514.JPG

DSCF1515.JPG

Elephant pull-a-longs Oct 2009 003 sml.jpg

Puzzle 3D Chook eyes 01.jpg

Puzzle 3D Group 02.jpg

Puzzles 05-06-2010 002.jpg

Puzzles 05-06-2010 004 sml.jpg

Puzzles Sept 2009 004 sml.jpg

Puzzles Sept 2009 009 sml.jpg

I really like all  your little critters. You did an absolutely great job on painting, cutting and finishing for all of these.  They are  outstanding.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 2 weeks later...

I too made "The Keeper of Time" some 25 years and three saws ago. His pattern was in "Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts" back about then. He kept me busy for quite a while. Mine is made from two pieces of red oak slats of a pallet, joined side by side. I matched the grain as best as I could, and now can't tell you where the seam is, but it's horizontal and about in the middle. The base is mahogany. Since then, my wife has forbid me from making things that require intricate dusting. With him, I just take him out to the shop and blow him off with compressed air about once a year. I wanted to make a grandfather clock, but since I wouldn't be able to do the same with one of them, I never cut one out.

For about the past 20 years or so, I make smaller things, and give them away, so she doesn't have to dust them, and I don't either.

Charley

P1010009.JPG

5 hours ago, CharleyL said:

Since then, my wife has forbid me from making things that require intricate dusting. With him, I just take him out to the shop and blow him off with compressed air about once a year. I wanted to make a grandfather clock, but since I wouldn't be able to do the same with one of them, I never cut one out.

:) My Missus is the same Charley. When I used to get those magazines I'd show her a nice fretwork piece and those clocks in particular. She'd call them "Foldy Dolls" Unnecessary items that required more work than they should to keep them looking nice. Dust collectors. Needless to say our house is devoid of fretwork. :)