Jim Croce

Charlie E

1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

Nice portrait. I am familiar with the songs mentioned but never payed much attention to who sang them. What made you think of him so many years after he died? Just curious

Dick

heppnerguy

I've always been a fan. I listen to his music often on my Alexa in the shop. I'm sort of collecting portraits on my shop wall of my favorite musicians. :)

2 minutes ago, ChelCass said:

We have several of Jim Croce's cd's on one is a song *The Ball of Kerrymuir*.   It was a rather *naughty* song for the 70's.  I crack up laughing ever time I hear it.   However I do have a warped sense of humor.  Thanks for sharing Jim's Portrait. 

Not sure I've heard that one. I'll look it up. :) 

On 1/12/2021 at 7:11 PM, Charlie E said:

The world lost a lot of future good music when 30 year old Jim Croce's plane went down in 1973. He wrote and sang Time In A Bottle, Operator, I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song, Bad Bad Leroy Brown, Don't Mess Around With Jim and many others. "You can keep the dime." :)

image0 (6).jpeg

I was 9 years one when he died and cried my eyes out. Great job on the cut

18 hours ago, ChelCass said:

We have several of Jim Croce's cd's on one is a song *The Ball of Kerrymuir*.   It was a rather *naughty* song for the 70's.  I crack up laughing ever time I hear it.   However I do have a warped sense of humor.  Thanks for sharing Jim's Portrait. 

Wow Thanks!!!!!! I had forgotten about that one. I needed that.

I still listen to him all the time .. and play several of his songs on my guitars .. he was just FUN to listen to. I was at the South Pole on an Ice Breaker when he passed. He was a lot of the music we were playing out on the "Helo Deck" on our off time.

GREAT JOB ... you should post it up on his Facebook page. His widow used to run the site, not sure who does now.

https://www.facebook.com/jimcroceofficial