Project Workshop - New Feature!

Travis

• Travis pinned this topic

Plus one here Travis. This is the best online forum I've ever joined and I have joined many over the years. Everybody here is genuinely happy to help out in any way they can. And no B.S. All good straight true advice. I love it here. Thanks so much for all your hard work. I will enjoy this new feature.

YES PLEASE I am in a place were I say NO it is not laser cut it is with a scroll saw with my hands and eye.  Have no words to explain look.  

So I need all the help and this forum is my help so I do not kill anyone.  I enjoy this forum as people are helpful and nice .

Barbara South Africa

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much Travis! These kinds of projects will be fantastic. I'm really looking forward to the design help! I have ideas for stuff, they float through my head rather quickly lol, but don't really know how to transfer them into a cuttable pattern. This new section will be an awesome help to me!

Thanks again Travis! SSV is my favorite place on the web!

• Travis unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, Travis said:

Story time!  When I first started scroll sawing, I started a blog called Scroll Saw Goodies where I posted resources and tutorials.  I also started making a few videos on YouTube under the same name and sold a few patterns.  Eventually, this lead me to creating Scroll Saw Village.  I've always kept the two separate.  But, as you can imagine, maintaining two websites is a lot of work.  So I've been working on a new section on SSV where I'm going to port over some of these older projects.

I created a few new areas:

• Project Workshop - These are project videos.  These tutorials take you step-by-step as I build a scroll sawn project.  I'm going to try to include written instructions as well.  I'll be adding a variety of projects over time, too.  Everybody has free access to this.  It's also be posted on YouTube and probably FaceBook.
  • Project Workshop Patterns - I used to sell patterns that I used on my blog.  But it's tough to have the patterns in two places.  So, instead of selling them individually, I'm going to give free access to SSV Patrons as a thank you for supporting SSV.
  • Design Workshop - This area is is for design tutorials.  Usually, these will be tutorials on how I designed the pattern used in the Project Workshop.  But I'll also have other design tutorials, too.  This is for folks who are interested in the design process.  Access to these tutorials are for SSV Silver & Gold Patrons.  Again, thank you for supporting SSV!

I've been messing with these sections for about 6 weeks now, and I think I have it ready for prime time.  This is an experiment that I'm hoping folks will enjoy.

Anyway, here is the first project.  I'll be porting over the older ones soon. 

Enjoy!  :popcorn:

You run the best site on the net. Thanks for all you do