Double Trouble

FrankEV

Opon entering SSV today this picture came up for a second and I only had a milasecond to see it. Well here itbisxagain in the post and could not be better. It gives the impression of a photograph. Sorry for all the pilot holes but I,m sure you made it better than it was supposed to be!!!

Beautiful job Frank!  I have got to learn to add color to some of my work.... It sure make for a much more impressive picture than just spraying with a clear lacquer....  I just don't have the artistic eye you and some others have.... Wonderful job..

And by the way,,,, got up and saw you picture... a little later I want outside to stand in the snow for a few minutes and saw those two critters playing in my neighbors field..  Guess they were enjoying the snow also..

Edited by Scrappile

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

...I have got to learn to add color to some of my work....  I just don't have the artistic eye you and some others have.... 

Yeah, I like to add some color...makes some of these portraits pop.  I don't feel I have a very good artistic eye. I'm just experimenting as I go.   I will use a photo (like I did for these Racoons0 in an attemp to get the colors close to correct. I couldn't paint a picture if my life depended on it, but I have been able to enhance some of the patterns I've cut by adding color.

A set of inexpensive acrylic craft paints and a set of cheap brushes would get you started.  The oil base art paints are a little easier to mix and blend colors, but do take a long time to dry.    

Edited by FrankEV

13 hours ago, Denny Knappen said:

... May I suggest artists acrylic paints that comes in tubes...

Denny,

I sarted with using the bottles of Acrylic paints but have recently started to use the Artist Acrylic paints that comes in the tubes.  I also use the Artist Oil based paints that come in the tubes.  Both allow mixing of small amounts of basic colors to obtain various colors.  I'm having fun experimenting with both and learning which works better for me. 

I tend to use the acrylics when the color is applied to the backer under the cut panel and the oil based paints when applying to the cut panel itself.  The oil based paints work (for me) a little better for the dry brush technique and I seem to be able to blend the colorations a little better. 

I shouldn't really be concerned how long a project takes but more on what the end result is.  I'm usually cutting another project, or making a frame, while the paint dries anyway.  I only complain about the drying time of oil base paints becaue I am impatient 🙃

I'm seeing a few more of our members adding color to their work which I'm very clad to see.

Edited by FrankEV