For the Birds - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

20 hours ago, Tomanydogs said:

Are the eagles cut with the scroll saw? Very nice. 

Yes ..The Eagles are out of 3mm aluminum cut on a jet 22b scroll saw with a No5 reverse ...Just need to go at slow speed and try not to let blade bite into the metal or it pulls it in ..Here are a couple of better views of them ... I do quite a lot in Aluminum

20210609_225609.jpg

20210609_225639.jpg

1 hour ago, ianm60 said:

Yes ..The Eagles are out of 3mm aluminum cut on a jet 22b scroll saw with a No5 reverse ...Just need to go at slow speed and try not to let blade bite into the metal or it pulls it in ..Here are a couple of better views of them ... I do quite a lot in Aluminum

20210609_225609.jpg

20210609_225639.jpg

Thank you for your reply. I really like what you’ve made. Do you have more projects you could show us?  

8 hours ago, Tomanydogs said:

That is so nice, I’ve put it on my to try list. Thank you for posting those are very inspirational. 

Thanks ..Once you've tried it withe aluminum its quite easy ,,just take your time ..The metal i'm using is just the stuff they use for signage ..its called diabond ..Theres a place in Glasgow does A4,A5 sheets of it at a not bad price . I tried metal blades but found that No5 skip reverse seemed to be better ..Hope you enjoy trying something new .

• Travis unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...