Beach Party Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

BeachParty.png

In my neck of the woods (Vancouver, WA), temps got to 114 degrees last weekend, which is an all time high.  Holy schnikes, that's hot!  If I was smart, I would have head to the beach to cool off.  Well, since hindsight is 2020, how about we throw our own beach party?  This month's scroll saw challenge is enjoying the beach.  Post your beach, coastal, nautical, or fun in the water projects!  Tell us a little something about the project, like who you made it for, or why, or a story behind it.  I really enjoy the stories behind projects.  It will be fun to see what y'all come up with. 

Ok I know this isn't Scrollsaw however it is Beach themed.  I also do mini Scenes.  Here is  some I did for our Master Bath which is Beached themed.

3-11-2019 (4).JPGCup 1. Boat, surf board, seagull on pier and whale are from E-Bay, Rocks are aquarium stones, coffee cup is from a yard sale and blue is spray foam painted blue.    Cup 2. Lighthouse is from Hubby's collection, Rocks are aquarium stones, flowers from Dollar Tree. Coffee Cup from yard sale and water is spray foam painted blue with white painted waves.   Cup 3. Lighthouse is from Hubby's collection, Rock if out of farmers field next door.  4. Whale is from E-Bay, shell is from a beach in Florida, stones are aquarium stones.  5. Fairy is from E-bay, Shell is from a Beach, Whales and starfish are from E-Bay and stones are aquarium stones.  Ray, I hope this helps.  

3-16-2020 Coffee Cup  (6).JPG

2-16-2020 Lighthouse on rock .JPG

4-1-2020 SSurfing Dolphin  (2).JPG

3-17-2020  Surfing Fairy  (2).JPG

Edited by ChelCass
Member had questions about where I purchased items.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:41 AM, ChelCass said:

Ok I know this isn't Scrollsaw however it is Beach themed.  I also do mini Scenes.  Here is  some I did for our Master Bath which is Beached themed

3-11-2019 (4).JPG

3-16-2020 Coffee Cup  (6).JPG

2-16-2020 Lighthouse on rock .JPG

4-1-2020 SSurfing Dolphin  (2).JPG

3-17-2020  Surfing Fairy  (2).JPG

Very nice & unique! Where do you find all the tiny accessories? Very creative.

1 hour ago, octoolguy said:

Very nice & unique! Where do you find all the tiny accessories? Very creative.

Thanks Ray, Most of the figurines I found on E-bay, some at thrift shops and yard sales.  The shells are from various beaches and the rock is from my neighbors corn field, The coffee cups are from yard sales.

4 minutes ago, ChelCass said:

Thanks Ray, Most of the figurines I found on E-bay, some at thrift shops and yard sales.  The shells are from various beaches and the rock is from my neighbors corn field, The coffee cups are from yard sales.

I was actually referring to the very tiny things that you have in your scenes. Like doll house furniture.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:23 AM, munzieb said:

I did this beach scene back in Feb of 2019 and is posted on the site. The design is based on a paint by numbers my wife did and also a puzzle. My wife converted the picture in Photoshop to greyscale. The design took quite a while because I wanted to get the beach and light house right. We gifted the paint by numbers and puzzle to good friends that live by the beach.

20190221_164217.jpg

lighthouse beach.jpg

That's beautiful. I've never seen a paint by numbers done that well. And your scrollsaw renditon ain't half bad either. Congrats to both of you.

In my introduction post I mentioned I usually cut animal projects. I did complete a lighthouse project recently. The pattern is from Steve Good and I tried to be a little artistic with the painting on the backer board. I'm in NC and we have 7 coastal lighthouses. I started to try and copy one of the patterns on the state's lighthouses but decided I liked the grain of the wood better.

Lighthouse.jpg

On 7/3/2021 at 8:49 AM, FrankEV said:

My array of Beach/Nautical/Ttropical cuttings is quite extensive.  Some are from way back when I had first started up to my more recent work.  

Most of my latest work is intended to apeal to the Beach Community here along the Atlantic Coast of Central Florida.   A lot of what we call beach side home owners love to decorate their high cost homes with a lot of beachy things.

This first piece was one of my very early attempts at creating a pattern and then adding color to the finished piece.

1730286657_Beach-Janevski.thumb.jpg.e2eba79b1f21b322f57862257036ea25.jpg

I love that 3rd pic with the chair on the beach!  Is that your pattern?

On 7/1/2021 at 11:23 AM, munzieb said:

I did this beach scene back in Feb of 2019 and is posted on the site. The design is based on a paint by numbers my wife did and also a puzzle. My wife converted the picture in Photoshop to greyscale. The design took quite a while because I wanted to get the beach and light house right. We gifted the paint by numbers and puzzle to good friends that live by the beach.

20190221_164217.jpg

lighthouse beach.jpg

It is no longer a mystery as to why you are such a great pattern maker and scroller. With a wife of such talents, you have no choice but to be especially good at what you do, or you would have to feel second best 😅😂