Dream Scroll Saw

38 minutes ago, Bill WIlson said:

Barbara was a guest at one of our scroll saw club meetings, several years ago.  She did a short presentation on their products for the benefit of our members, all of whom were from Western PA, but only a handful were familiar with PS Wood products.  We all had seen their ads in the scrolling magazines, but very few knew they where located so close by.

Anyway, I recall that she was very nice and knowledgeable about all things scroll saw related.  She said that they used to do a lot of trade shows and the scroll saw picnics that used to be very popular within the scrolling community.  I recall she said that they don't do much of that sort of thing anymore.  I really should make it a point to take a road trip down there to check them out in person.

I'd sure love to attend any scroll saw get together but here in So Cal, it's just not something that anybody does. I think it's because we've become too much of a melting pot here and there's just no interest in woodworking. Not sure why.

4 hours ago, octoolguy said:

I'd sure love to attend any scroll saw get together but here in So Cal, it's just not something that anybody does. I think it's because we've become too much of a melting pot here and there's just no interest in woodworking. Not sure why.

Likewise. I'd love to talk shop with other scrollers. I frequently eat at a particular restaurant which has a couple of nicely scrolled items on their walls. I was introduced to the two persons that did them I tried striking up a conversation with them but they were not particularly interested in a conversation. There is a turning club in Denver but have no idea if they do other things and I no longer drive long distances or evenings. I spend more time with bikers.

38 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

Likewise. I'd love to talk shop with other scrollers. I frequently eat at a particular restaurant which has a couple of nicely scrolled items on their walls. I was introduced to the two persons that did them I tried striking up a conversation with them but they were not particularly interested in a conversation. There is a turning club in Denver but have no idea if they do other things and I no longer drive long distances or evenings. I spend more time with bikers.

You are right, Les,  It is great.... I visit and communicate with three... Always a great time... but I have also run into scrollers that shy away or just aren't interested in meet and greets... Very disappointing.  Especially being I live in an area where scrollers are few and far between... My closest scrolling friends are 40 miles away.... well worth the short travel to get together...

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, xocd said:

I like the saw on this video:

- Large throat

- Induction motor

- Pedal controlled speed (clutch?)

- Hand wheel for delicate cuts

- Probably unobtainable :0

xocd

Great video. Where'd you find it? I thought I'd seen all the vids on youtube re: marquetry.

I decided to add more features...

laser for hole drilling.  2 inch deep.

index circular turn table for clock gears.

also an adjustable Threaded pivot point for circles.

20ft of blades in a roll so we can have automatic blade feeding. self clamping and cut from bottom.

Edited by preprius
added laser item

I may have found mine this weekend. Hegner 22V, 1999 model that was never used. Quick clamp, stand, Hegner.thumb.jpg.c81b8da0093e46af508077ebd24b3a34.jpgcover, table screws, blade camps (4), all accessories still in the bags. Previous owner bought it, turned it on, tension was all the way down, broke part of the connector arm off. He then slid it over in the corner and let it sit. Connector arm should be tomorrow, can't wait......

2 minutes ago, cwright said:

I may have found mine this weekend. Hegner 22V, 1999 model that was never used. Quick clamp, stand, Hegner.thumb.jpg.c81b8da0093e46af508077ebd24b3a34.jpgcover, table screws, blade camps (4), all accessories still in the bags. Previous owner bought it, turned it on, tension was all the way down, broke part of the connector arm off. He then slid it over in the corner and let it sit. Connector arm should be tomorrow, can't wait......

Wow! Sounds great. Did you get a good price on it? 

• 4 weeks later...

That maquetry machine......  It looks very similar to the 1950's craftsman scrollsaw I have.  

The Craftsman was meant to use a shop motor or whatever you had handy, but that Marquetry machine, the first thing I thought with the wheel and foot speed control was a sewing machine.  If a scrollsaw and a sewing machine were to mate; I feel that saw would be the outcome.