Dream Scroll Saw

43 minutes ago, SCROLLERNATION said:

Cam someone send me the link? I start moving northeast tomorrow

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/durham-hawk-g4-26-scroll-saw/7335298672.html 

Judging by the side table being mounted on the front it "may have" some holes drilled into the stand to put it on like that. I think I know why they may have done that.. ( to keep the sawdust from landing in you're lap.. I think it'd be annoying for me in that spot but whatever, LOL.

4 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/durham-hawk-g4-26-scroll-saw/7335298672.html 

Judging by the side table being mounted on the front it "may have" some holes drilled into the stand to put it on like that. I think I know why they may have done that.. ( to keep the sawdust from landing in you're lap.. I think it'd be annoying for me in that spot but whatever, LOL.

Yeah thats probably exactly why.  Thank you.  If they drilled into the base at all I will not get it.  I don’t purchase modified saws.  

I have no where near the xp most have here, but having done full time scrolling I do have a specific machine in mind that I know does not exist but if it did I would buy it...

1. 26" inch depth expandable to 30"
  2. 20" Wide table with fold up/down wings
  3. 2 way table tilt - tilts both left and right
  4. Self greasing/oiling/maintaining or have grease nuts for easy greasing
  5. QUIET
  6. No shaking even at the highest speeds
  7. Comes with a portable base on wheels with drawers, tool and blade storage slots
  8. Built in rotating magnifier with high lumens LED light
  9. Blade cartridge for easy blade swap - available separately for additional blade loads - I'd buy 10 or 20 of them LOL
  10. Priced affordably, less than $1k with guaranteed parts available for the next 20 years!

I could really go on with a few more "wants"

4 hours ago, new2woodwrk said:

I have no where near the xp most have here, but having done full time scrolling I do have a specific machine in mind that I know does not exist but if it did I would buy it...

1. 26" inch depth expandable to 30"
  2. 20" Wide table with fold up/down wings
  3. 2 way table tilt - tilts both left and right
  4. Self greasing/oiling/maintaining or have grease nuts for easy greasing
  5. QUIET
  6. No shaking even at the highest speeds
  7. Comes with a portable base on wheels with drawers, tool and blade storage slots
  8. Built in rotating magnifier with high lumens LED light
  9. Blade cartridge for easy blade swap - available separately for additional blade loads - I'd buy 10 or 20 of them LOL
  10. Priced affordably, less than $1k with guaranteed parts available for the next 20 years!

I could really go on with a few more "wants"

You almost described a Hawk.😂 Not sure about a expandable throat.. that would be interesting..  so does the folding table wings.. Many saws are self greasing, LOL ie when it wears out you take it apart and replace parts and grease it, LOL That sounds like DW and EX saws.. Hawk and Hegner you just put drops of oil at the required locations every 10 hours use.. 

Had saws with the "built in light" and not had great results with them.. even the smoothest saw still shakes the light.. and over time I think this may help blow the bulb prematurely. 

Blade cartridges sounds like the blade holders for Hegner and Hawk.. I have 20 holders for my Ultra and that is awesome thing to have.. well... until you used up the last good blade and then you spend 20 minutes reloading the blade holders with new blades, LOL.. It's nice to be able to change a blade on the fly to get a project done.. at the end of the day I don't see a lot of advantage to these because someone has to stop at some point and reload those holders.. It is nice if you use several different size and style of blades throughout a single project as I do sometimes.. Like veining.. I have a spiral blade in one holder and the other appropriate sized blades all loaded so I don't have to stop and swap blades out all the time.. I swap blades throughout the project without actually having to change out the blade just change out the preloaded holder..

All of this for less than 1K is wishful thinking. 🙂  

10 minutes ago, ben2008 said:

What's a Polymax?

Polymax or polycut 3 is Hegners mean machine.  The only machine that can beat or match it is a Scrollmate because it matches the torque and has slightly larger stroke.  The hegner polycut is $3400 doll hairs.  The blade change is not as easy as any of the other high end saws but durability is there   Changing belt speeds sucks its not as efficient or as easy as a scroll mate which is my profile picture   But if your into cutting puzzles all day and want a machine you can lube up that is made to run 12 plus hours a day without the motor ever getting warm this is the machine for you   

20 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

I'd put the PolyMax in the same class as the Eclipes.. They are tanks built for industrial use.. Unfortunately they are not supper user friendly for doing lots of inside cuts.. ( tension lever at the back of the saw and slightly cumbersome blade changes ). 

The first thing I noticed was no quick release tension lever in convenient location.

55 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

I'd put the PolyMax in the same class as the Eclipes.. They are tanks built for industrial use.. Unfortunately they are not supper user friendly for doing lots of inside cuts.. ( tension lever at the back of the saw and slightly cumbersome blade changes ). 

I agree but with that size of stroke you want less weight at the heads. 

34 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

As I said...what makes them better than a Multimax? 

The motor is designed for harder longer operation and it has more torque cuts faster because of the torque and length of stroke and less failures.  In regards to electronics you should never have a problem with it. I wanna try one when i go through Delaware its on my way and I packed my foredom at the back.  I wanna see how well the dust system works and I thought about taking a video and putting it on here for everyone to see. Could be fun.  

6 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Are podcasts free? How do you get them? I've never heard one. 

Yes they are. Download the iHeart  app. When you go to iHeart there many, many podcasts of every conceivable subject. Lots of conservative pod casts by Dan Bongino, Glenn Beck, Bill O'reilly  and many more. Just listen with your cell phone or use ear pods or headphones, Great listening.

1 hour ago, SCROLLERNATION said:

I agree but with that size of stroke you want less weight at the heads. 

This size stroke doesn't make it the best scroll saw.. The best scroll saw is the one that is user friendly and enjoyable to use. Durability of the scroll saw can go down the drain if it's not a pleasure to sit at. Then it becomes a very large paper weight. It's one thing to be a hobbyist that just goes out to saw for maybe 3-4 hours a week vrs one that spends 6-8 hours per day.. I'd rather run a yearly throw away saw and replace it every year than to be miserable running the same un- user friendly saw for the next 100 years.. This is why I say there is no perfect saw for every scroll sawer and why I told you I can find fault in every brand and style saw out there. Because they all aren't made to please everyone.. Some saws please people because it's affordable and they can actually go out and make something and feel proud of it.. their budget only allows a HF saw and they are completely happy with it.. 

Kind of like buying the biggest heavy duty truck but you only haul a small utility trailer.. 99%  of your driving is unloaded.. Your ride is going to be like a lumber wagon.. when you only needed a light duty truck. LOL