Hello from scrimperuk

scrimper

Hello folks as you can see from my title I am scrimperuk from England. I have always been a scrimper, more to do with making do and mending rather than saving money.

Most of the things I do are done with stuff others have thrown away. I have been a fretworker since I was a young boy, both my late grandfather and late father were fretworkers and I still have my grandfathers original Hobbies treadle machine he bought back in 1900, although nowadays I generally use a Hegner machine.

My main fretworking interests are in the history of the UK Hobbies and Handicrafts companies and their early fretwork designs of which I have a large collection.

For quite sometime I have been working on my website entitled The "Fretworker" however I am not ready to publish it yet as it isn't finished.

I am sorry to be going on a bit but if you want to find out why my friends think I am an oddball you might like to have a look at my Youtube channel which you will find under my user name scrimperuk. you will find over 200 of my videos on lot's of subjects but many on fretworking and scrollsaws, plus the first four parts of my history of the Hobbies and Handicrafts companies.

Thanks for taking the time to read thus far. 🙂

Many thanks for the welcome. I will probably not post here at the moment because I discovered after setting up this account that I already had one under the name "scrimper" I though I had but could not find any reference to it in my records, furthermore the email I used for the account is defunct so I can't access it.

I am trying to get access to that account and amalgamate the two or cancel one.

A big welcome from sunny Southern Arizona. Glad you are with us and I will definitely go check out your page as i sounds like it should be very interesting indeed. I would also enjoy seeing a photo of your old scroll saw machine. Hope you stick around here a lot and post some of your work here also

Dick

heppnerguy

14 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

A big welcome from sunny Southern Arizona. Glad you are with us and I will definitely go check out your page as i sounds like it should be very interesting indeed. I would also enjoy seeing a photo of your old scroll saw machine. Hope you stick around here a lot and post some of your work here also

Dick

heppnerguy

Hi Dick You can see my old treadle machine in my video, the video is in two parts, part one is here 

19 hours ago, scrimperuk said:

Many thanks for the welcome. I will probably not post here at the moment because I discovered after setting up this account that I already had one under the name "scrimper" I though I had but could not find any reference to it in my records, furthermore the email I used for the account is defunct so I can't access it.

I am trying to get access to that account and amalgamate the two or cancel one.

@Travis may be able to help you get that sorted with the two different accounts.